The Engagement and Cohorts Specialist is a new position designed to engage young Jews in Jewish communal life. This specialist will work with high school students, young adults, and young couples to help create connections and a sense of community. The Specialist will facilitate specific cohorts and develop/implement strategies to reach this demographic (e.g. travel groups, events, giving circles).
The Engagement & Cohorts Specialist will be successful when cohort participants demonstrate behaviors and attitudes aligned with community involvement and a sense of belonging. Other success indicators will be linked to connection and engagement with Federation as an organization.
The Engagement and Cohorts Specialist will be an integral team member of the Community Planning Department team. Members of this team are committed to working collaboratively with each other and across departments.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate existing and new teen, young adult and young couples' cohorts
- Act as the lead professional in managing a three-year teen engagement grant between Federation and Jim Joseph Foundation
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development opportunities for teen educators by contracting with professional experts
- Coordinate and implement all subsidy and scholarship programs for immersive travel experiences including pre- and post-trip engagement
- Develop a cultivation plan to connect more young people to the work of Federation toward greater leadership, volunteer and philanthropic activity
- Support other departmental programs as needed
EXPERIENCE. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional related experience(e.g. cohort management, volunteer coordination, leadership development)
- Strong skills in group facilitation and leadership
- Commitment to working collaboratively with staff and community partners towards Federation’s vision, and mission
- Demonstrated experience managing and completing multiple projects, conduct research and disseminate information
- Ability to focus on building, strengthening and maintaining existing and new collaborations/relationships. Strong team player
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgments. Motivated self-starter and self-disciplined with imagination and creativity
- Excellent problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including decision-making, listening to others, be empathic to the community needs and consensus-building
- Strong computer skills
Knowledge of Jewish community, customs and traditions preferred
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]