Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp, located in Red Hook, is a Hebrew dual-language camp for children entering Pre-K through 5th grade. No previous Hebrew experience is necessary to be part of the Sprout Brooklyn community.
Sprout Brooklyn is a place where children from a wide spectrum of backgrounds join together to create a joyful, diverse community built on Jewish values, a connection to Israel and the Hebrew language.
Sprout Brooklyn values staff that are positive and flexible team players who are excited to spend the summer with young campers and staff. The ideal candidate is excited about camp life and feels comfortable wearing multiple hats and will never say that a task “isn’t their job”.
The Aquatics Director is a member of the summer Senior Leadership team and manages the aquatics department of our summer camp program including all elements of swim, waterplay, and aquatics team supervision. We are looking for a responsible, organized, and mature individual for our Aquatics Director role. This is an extraordinary opportunity to work collaboratively with a passionate and fun-loving team.
Staff Training is TBD in mid- June. Camp runs from June 28 – August 18. Summer hours are Monday to Friday, approx. 8:30am – 5pm.
The Sprout Brooklyn Aquatics Director must oversee all swimming activities as well as implement a learn-to-swim program. This person shall supervise lifeguards and swim instructors during swimming activities and onsite waterplay activities, train swim staff as needed, and implement the camp safety plan.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a minimum of:
- One season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; OR
- Two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time; OR
- 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach, which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
- Be certified in CPR-Pro (expiration can be no earlier than Aug 18, 2023)
- Be certified in Lifeguard Management
- Years’ experience working with pre-school and/or elementary aged children