Associate Director of Development
Perelman Jewish Day School
Full time position to begin immediately
Perelman Jewish Day School seeks an Associate Director of Development who is innovative, creative, and collaborative. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, this professional is responsible for enhancing and further developing a culture of giving within the Perelman community, identifying and cultivating new donors, with a focus on parent and grandparent giving, as well as stewardship of the EITC/OSTC Scholarship program.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience with community engagement, cultivation and solicitation of new and existing donors, understands and appreciates the nuances of working in the Jewish community, is a team player, and has the drive, ability, and creativity to expand and enhance our development program.
Successful candidates will work well independently and collaboratively, possess strong organizational skills allowing them to oversee multiple concurrent projects, and have demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships.
- Develop and implement strategic plan to grow our donor base from those giving under $2500
- Research, cultivate, and solicit new donors to the Annual Fund
- Research, cultivate, and solicit new participants for Pennsylvania’s EITC/OSTC tax credit scholarship program; steward existing participants
- Direct and oversee Generation’s Day and other donor events
- Work with the Advancement team on development of compelling messaging, strategy, and execution of direct mail and email solicitations, and event programs.
- Oversee daily operations and database management including gift reporting, gift processing and acknowledgement letters.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Advancement on other projects as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising preferred
- Familiarity with Jewish day schools, independent schools, and/or Jewish community a plus
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with donors, volunteers, faculty and staff, and demonstrate confidentiality and discretion.
- Experience Microsoft Office and Google suite
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- This position requires some evening and weekend availability
Perelman Jewish Day School welcomes applications from women, minorities, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package. Paid time off includes Jewish and secular holidays, two lengthy school vacations, and an additional 10 days/year during year 1, increasing with seniority. Health insurance including medical, dental, vision and FSA, 403(b) and tuition remission. This position is in person with flexibility.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Resumes should be sent to Shira Wolhberg, Director of Institutional Advancement at [email protected].