About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
UJA Federation of NY has a number of Assistant and Coordinator level roles currently available. This is an amazing opportunity for those looking to start a career and make a big impact. For specific details on the different departments, please visit our careers page.
•Coordinate and assist with fundraising activities including events, donor relations, interdepartmental communications, and external marketing
• Learn to navigate and maintain a sophisticated donor database and use it to generate various gift reports and process new gifts
• Assist with the planning, organizing, record-keeping, gift processing, and execution of high level donor events
• Help with prospect research to identify new donors for UJA-Federation
• Building internal relationships and successfully navigating the various departments in a large organization to effectively and expeditiously complete assigned tasks
• Assisting in the development of fundraising materials, which may include assembling mailings, processing gifts, and preparing gift-related paper work, as well as the staffing fundraising events
• Provide daily logistical support, such as calendar management, to ensure organized and efficient daily functions
• Maintaining department materials and files
• Special projects as requested
Qualifications & Competencies:
• B.A. and administrative experience
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
• The proven ability to work as part of a team
• Maturity and an interest/ability to ask and learn
• The willingness to take direction and show initiative
• An interest in and commitment to non-profit fundraising
• Detail-oriented and effective time manager, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and organizational skills
• Determination to tackle challenging problems and to accomplish tasks
• Common sense and proactive work ethic
• Ability to maintain an effective filing system
• Flexibility, with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and to work well under pressure
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.