Chief Operating Officer
Prominent national Foundation based in midtown, NY that operates innovative, high-impact programs, and supports substantial Jewish interests globally, seeks a COO.
You will be the face of the organization right under the CEO. This is a hands-on C-Suite position.
The COO will work closely with the CEO to ensure that the organization’s vision and impact are sustained and measured.
The right candidate, while working directly with the CEO, will interface with the Executive Director, the CFO, and the accounting team.
- Support the CEO’s vision to direct the organization’s day-to-day operations.
- Ensure that all operations in the US and Israel are carried out in accordance with established policies, procedures, and governance.
- Oversee, with the Executive Director, the implementations and improvements to data systems, technology, and operating processes.
- Maintain the organization’s strategic plan.
- Oversee expenses, Human Resources, insurances, payroll, grants and grants software, and benefits administration.
- Interface with Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Investment Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree strongly preferred – MBA/CPA/JD
- Experience in a senior management role or COO role preferred
- Strong leadership experience and performance
- Experience managing a team
- 10 years of experience directing the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization or a foundation
- Good background managing Data Systems, Technology, Human Resources
- Experience interfacing with Board of Directors
- Highly professional, strong leadership team with strong experience
- Fast-paced office environment and experienced team in the US and Israel
- Excellent work/life balance
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer.