Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is the oldest non-profit in California and has been assisting residents of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties since it was founded in 1850. JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for all, community responsibility, intergenerational ties, and repairing the world.
YouthFirst helps teens develop the necessary life skills to move into young adulthood smoothly, successfully, and responsibly through a Jewish values-based lens. Our innovative programs include Jewish service learning, leadership skills development, and internship opportunities coupled with career exploration. As a Youth Program Manager, you will use your skills in teen engagement, facilitation, and relationship management, and your ability to seamlessly weave Judaism into your work. We would love to harness your innovation, energy and commitment to cultivating Jewish leaders. Help empower young people to bring about change and support communities in need, guided by Jewish values, texts, and tradition.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Youth Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Programs and Services
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: Marin County
- Salary Range: $75,000 – $80,000
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design interactive and meaningful curriculum for teen workshops and impactful service-learning events, incorporating Jewish values and tradition/texts
- Supervise college intern and support their growth as creative Jewish educators
- Organize and coordinate programs, including planning activities, working with teen leaders, managing program logistics, and following up to ensure smooth operations
- Integrate social media strategies into program planning, promotion, and implementation
- As a highly visible “connector” across Jewish teen settings throughout the Bay Area, collaborate with Jewish organizations to deliver high-quality Jewish programming
- Experienced youth educator, loves working with a team to solve problems, and tries new things
- Sees community service as a Jewish responsibility and are excited to help others see this as well
- Skilled at infusing experiential learning with Jewish values and traditions
- 5+ years experience working with teens in a Jewish formal or informal educational or volunteer setting
- Strong networking and outreach skills, and knows how to build mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Able to clearly present program goals and to work collaboratively with diverse staff
- Work occasional weekends and evenings
- Work onsite at JFCS’s office in Marin
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.