Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools is an egalitarian, Conservative Congregation that has continued to serve the needs of Baltimore’s Jewish community and the community at large by meeting the religious, educational, cultural, and social needs of our congregants.
The Development Associate will support Chizuk Amuno Congregation and Schools and Krieger Schechter Day School through development operations, facilitation of events and donor engagement, communications, and grants. This position will report to the Director of Development.
Roles & Responsibilities – including, but not limited to the following:
Event Management and Donor Engagement
- Work with the Director of Development to manage engagement efforts for targeted constituency groups across the institution (Maintaining correspondences, committee management, project execution, and facilitating donor engagement and cultivation)
- In partnership with the Director of Development, oversee event logistics for institutional fundraising efforts and manage relationships with volunteer leadership; Help to identify and solicit sponsors
Communications and Grant Management
- Contribute to the overall development and communications strategic plans
- Collaborate to curate Annual Report content
- Prepare proposals and grant applications as well as follow-up reports to foundations
- Adhere to grant schedules, and lead the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies
- Provide administrative support to the development team
- Develop annual appeals, track trends, and campaign progress throughout the year.
- Ensure data integrity through capturing and tracking relevant donor information, maintaining, and reporting on the donor database efforts while innovating better systems for organizing/accessing the database
- Work closely with the CFO and finance team to receive and process donations
- Create, process, and maintain records of all acknowledgment letters, pledge forms, and gift agreements
- Provide meeting support to include logistics and preparation of materials
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Capable leader with excellent problem-solving abilities
Always striving for continuous improvement
Development experience preferred
Understanding of and experience with fundraising systems (e.g., donor and/or customer relationship management databases, web-based giving)
55-65K Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resumes and cover letters to Rebecca Rudel, [email protected].