Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Development Officer.
The Senior Development Officer position will be part of a dynamic team of CJP’s development team tasked with helping develop and manage a creative comprehensive donor development strategy and advancing the ongoing strategic direction of CJP’s resource development efforts. They will manage a robust portfolio of current and prospective donors and implement best practices to cultivate integrated philanthropic relationships focusing on the Annual Campaign, Gift Planning and CJP’s Donor Advised Fund program. This position is a central member of the Individual Giving team and plays a crucial role in furthering CJP’s ambitious fundraising goals.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects - establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop sophisticated moves management plans to advance donors’ relationships with CJP, utilizing all available donor engagement and involvement opportunities (including philanthropic experiences, leadership engagement and development, and donor communications and recognition).
- Solicit gifts directly and prepare other senior colleagues, the president, and volunteer leadership for solicitations.
- Develop and meet ambitious goals within the framework of a strategically developed key performance indicators/metrics.
- In partnership with CJP’s Gift Planning colleagues, integrate strategies to identify and develop Legacy giving prospects within the portfolio. Successfully close Legacy gifts annually.
- Work in partnership with Major Gifts Growth Team to qualify and disqualify major gifts prospects.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- 3+ years successful experience in development or related field, with an emphasis on annual campaign work and donor relations or similar skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; compelling in communicating the priorities of CJP and the community.
- Self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team; sense of humor.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database Management (we use a Blackbaud Product).
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
- Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings.
BUDGETED SALARY RANGE: $71,700 – 89,600
WORK SCHEDULE: CJP staff work a hybrid work schedule where Tuesdays and Wednesdays staff work in the office; on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays staff may work remotely.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply:
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.