Position: OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Part-time, New York (Tri-State Area), Partially Remote
Established in the year 2000, Matan’s mission is to guide, train, and support Jewish community leaders and educators to provide purposeful, enriching, and inclusive opportunities for people with disabilities and their families within the fabric of Jewish life. Through our signature programs, such as the Matan Institute as well as our Community Consultations, Matan is a leader in disability inclusion within the North American Jewish community.
The Operations Associate will provide reliable operations and administrative services and expertise to Matan’s professional team, supporting development, marketing and programmatic efforts. In this role, this team member will focus on the day to day operations of Matan as well as ensure successful programs and events by working in-depth with the CRM and executing other tasks. The Operations Associate establishes and maintains outstanding communication with all constituents and sets the standard for expert assistance and effective delivery of all services.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Operations Coordination: Serve as the CRM and project management expert for the Matan team. Support professional staff with day to day workflow needs. Handle office logistics including scheduling meetings, sending mailings, maintaining inventory, reordering supplies and other administrative tasks as needed.
Event Planning: Work in conjunction with other staff members to coordinate logistics for programs and meetings throughout the year. Tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining registration, sending communications, ordering supplies and necessary catering, coordinating travel and managing outside vendors effectively, thereby maximizing Matan’s resources.
External Communications: Support Matan’s Marketing and Communications Manager with necessary communications as needed. Coordinate logistics for virtual workshops and programs, including emails to participants and ensuring accessibility needs.
Data Tracking and Reporting: Work in partnership with the Development Manager to implement new procedures and programs that support Matan’s philanthropic goals. Enter all gifts, pledges, and donor information into the database in a timely and accurate manner, generating donor acknowledgement letters and ensuring the fundraising database and platform is functioning properly. Review historical data to make sure it is correct as well.
Perform other duties, as needed, to support Matan’s operational and organizational goals.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, ensuring accuracy and optimal workflow.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively to support all aspects of the organization, communicating progress, asking for help when needed and responding well to feedback.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills including demonstrated experience interacting positively and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and/or agility learning new technologies.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience, preferably in a non-profit environment. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB:
- You have a strong desire to increase the impact of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work specifically in the area of disability inclusion within the Jewish community.
- You seek a work culture that pairs high expectations and accountability with flexibility.
- You are eager to be part of a dedicated professional team that collaborates effectively to generate new and creative ideas and values professional development opportunities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $45,000 - $52,000. Opportunity to participate in Matan’s retirement plan after one year of employment.
25-32 Hours/Week, Flexible allocation of time. Tri-State New York Area position, partially remote, on-site 2-3 days per week in NYC. Opportunity to grow the position into a full-time role.
Starting salary, within the range, will be based on education and experience. If your salary expectations are different and/or you have more experience than required, let’s talk.
Both a cover letter and resumé must be submitted for the application to be considered. Submissions will be acknowledged with an automated response and a personal email will follow once the application has been screened. We are accepting applications through December 31, 2023. Prospective applicants should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Matan seeks to increase equity in its hiring. Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and nonbinary people, as well as other structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Matan encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.