Congregation Bet Haverim, located in Davis, California, is seeking a Teen Engagement Coordinator for the coming school year of 2022-23 and beyond. This position is offered as year-round employment of approximately eight to ten hours weekly and is dedicated to supporting our youth group, creating opportunities for teen engagement throughout our community, and teen leadership development training. Compensation is based on candidate’s background and experience. The job description for this position includes the following responsibilities:
DRTY Youth Group:
• Assume leadership of the Davis Reform Temple Youth (DRTY) program, creating and implementing offerings to maintain a robust and engaging community for CBH teens.
• Provide mentorship and opportunities for teen led programs as a foundation of DRTY program.
• Provide leadership training and opportunities for growth for each member of the DRTY Board.
• Recruit teens for participation in the DRTY program in order to retain and increase attendance throughout all teen cohorts.
• Support, assist with the planning and implementation, and attend a minimum of ten (10) DRTY events, one each month from September through June.
• Create documentation and maintain written and digital information about all DRTY programs and events, providing a foundation for planning in the future.
• Support, advise, and attend a minimum of twelve (12) DRTY Board meetings; mentor and train the DRTY Board members to develop and maintain a budget.
• Maintain appropriate relationships and active communication with NFTY CWR including attending at least one NFTY CWR weekend retreat.
• Be available on campus during Teen Space Time associated with monthly F3 Shabbat programs as well as bi-monthly Keshet and Confirmation Class meetings in order to encourage teens to spend time together at CBH.
• Remain on campus or at the event site with the DRTY teens following each activity until all parents or guardians have arrived.
Potentially create, lead, or support the implementation of two to four DRTY Junior events, over the course of the calendar year, for students in upper elementary and, or middle school grades.
• Publicize teen activities through email, text messaging, the CBH website, and social media outlets.
• At least once each month, provide photos and written updates to the CBH Communication Coordinator for use with eTone, Facebook, website, and other social media opportunities.
• Communicate with the Director of Education on a consistent basis including a bi-monthly meeting.
• Provide ongoing communication with the Keshet Teacher and Madrichim Coordinator to ensure consistent vibrant teen experiences.
• Provide consistent communication with parents at least once a month; respond to all parent communications in a prompt manner.