TorahLovingCare (TLC), is a Jewish preschool/child care center located in Rochester, NY. We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Teacher for our Preschool 4 classroom; someone who has significant experience working in a Preschool 4 classroom. Energetic, nurturing, patient, strong work ethic, reliable and flexible are required key qualities. A positive attitude, and a sincere interest, passion & love of working with young children are a must.
Assist the Lead Teacher with the following:
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
- Implementing daily classroom activities; observing and monitoring play activities;
- Keeping the classroom clean, organized and in compliance with the NYS Regulations;
- Maintaining the required documentation as required by the NYS Regulations
- Using positive child guidance strategies and redirection as the means of behavior management.
- Develop and maintain a healthy, cooperative relationship with the rest of the team (Lead Teacher and the 2nd Assistant Teacher) and all TLC staff.
$30,000 for a 10 month (Sept-June) term of employment
Mon-Thurs 8:15am-3:15pm; Fridays 8:15am-1:15pm. Additional Wrap Around hours (3:15-4:30 pm) may be available.
- 40 paid holidays per school year (Sept-June)
- Shorter workdays than most child care centers
- Paid professional development
- At TorahLovingCare, all teachers and staff work together collaboratively as a team, supporting each other, sharing and implementing new ideas and thus inspiring each other to deliver their best for each child and family.
- Work atmosphere is positive, warm and upbeat, where everyone feels supported, encouraged and appreciated.
Must have the ability to move about the classroom and other areas quickly and easily. In order to allow for physical and visual contact with the children on their level, squatting and frequent sitting on the floor are required. Have the ability to lift and carry children (up to 30lbs) if necessary. Must have the energy and physical fitness to keep up with a classroom of amazingly cute, curious, active kinderlach.
At least one year of experience working with children less than 13 years of age, a high school diploma and must be at least 18 years of age.