Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is the largest and most vibrant congregation in our area. Throughout our history we have sought to create a spirit of warmth, intimacy and vitality in all that we are and do, maintaining a culture of upstanding work ethic and dedicated staff members. We strive to build a sense of community and improve the world around us. We are growing and are excited to add team members like you to join our team.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced Human Resources Manager to join our dynamic team. Duties of the Human Resources Manager include maintaining and administering the organization’s human resources and benefit functions by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry standards and best practices relating to employment and compliance matters.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions, as necessary; analyze and assess compliance with federal and state regulations related to exempt classifications and independent contractor relations.
- Establish and maintain a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Perform and review the onboarding process for all new hires; insure compliance with company policies and federal and state regulations.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting comprehensive onboarding program and orientation.
- Proactively seeks training opportunities and other educational programs to maintain/improve the skill levels of all employees.
- Responds to employee relations issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
- Ensures competitive compensation packages by conducting periodic pay surveys; schedules and conducts job evaluations; monitors and schedules individual pay actions; and recommends, plans and implements pay structure revisions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits; manages benefit renewal process and works with third party providers to recommend benefit programs to management; processes benefit claims.
- Oversees and administers the FMLA leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Coordinates Workers' Compensation claims with third-party administrator, recommend and monitor corrective actions and oversees the annual Workers Compensation audit.
- Serves as backup for payroll processing and assists with payroll related activities as needed.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state and county requirements; conducting investigations; and maintaining records.
- Maintains human resource policies and procedures and updates them as necessary.
- Maintains human resource records by designing an electronic (where practical) and physical filing and retrieval system; keeping historical and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must be a confident human resources leader with career experience;
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, attention to detail, and good judgment;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and with a team;
- Knowledge of payroll processes and relevant legal regulations;
- Considerable knowledge of labor laws at the federal and state levels;
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Ability to work independently on complex and confidential tasks;
- Ability to maintain composure and exercise good judgment even under pressure;
- Ability to handle stressful situations;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, colleagues, and other outside resources.
- Ability to travel between campuses and other locations outside of the Temple; and
- Ability to work occasionally on nights and weekends is a requirement;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or similar field preferred;
- Minimum of 5+ years HR experience and strong business acumen;
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel);
- Previous experience in payroll processing;
- SHRM Certification preferred;
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Some travel may be required between TBE campuses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and scanners.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. This role must endure extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position is sometimes faced with interruptions and must interact with other staff on a regular basis. Depending on the particular workplace and job duties, personal protective equipment (PPE) may be recommended or required.
This position is exempt, full-time located on our Beck Family Campus in Boca Raton, Florida. All candidates must pass the required Level II criminal background screening and a drug test, in order to be considered for this position. Salary is commensurate with relevant work experience.
Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not take into consideration the race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, (or any other protected class) of any applicant for this position. For more information about our organization, please visit www.tbeboca.org