Hillel International is seeking a passionate and driven marketing and fundraising professional to serve as a Campus Marketing and Development Manager. This is an exciting position with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of thousands of Jewish college students.
The Campus Marketing and Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the grassroots fundraising and marketing efforts of a portfolio of three campus Hillels (Binghamton, Penn State, and Syracuse). Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing and/or fundraising, with an emphasis on excellent writing and skilled graphic design, and developing impactful campaigns using data-driven strategies to produce results.
We are seeking the most qualified and exceptional candidate regardless of location—remote work welcomed. The ability to work occasionally in person at Hillel International headquarters at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C. or at the Hillel International offices in New York City is preferred. The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 per year.
What You'll Bring to the Position
- 3-6 years of work experience in marketing and/or fundraising
- History of planning and executing successful digital and multichannel campaigns
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong graphic design experience using the Adobe suite, Canva, or similar software to produce designs for print and digital production
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills; must be detail-oriented
- Sophisticated understanding of audience segmentation and using data to inform decision-making
- Experience creating content for digital and social media
- Knowledge of email marketing platform(s) such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar programs
- Familiarity using a database or CRM to build reports and/or segment audiences
- Passion for entrepreneurship and pioneering new projects
- Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
What You'll Own
- Lead planning, implementation, and execution of multichannel grassroots fundraising and marketing campaigns for a portfolio of three Hillels, including:
- Digital fundraising, including email, website, and social media
- Direct mail fundraising program
- Giving Tuesday, Hillel Global Giving Week and campus Giving Days
- Telefund strategy and management of vendor(s)
- Wealth screening
- Create an annual grassroots fundraising and marketing campaign calendar, including stewardship touchpoints, appeal and renewal messaging, and email newsletters
- Optimize campaigns for cadence, messaging, and segmentation to maximize income
- Lead direct response fundraising when opportunities arise
- Incorporate A/B testing, personalization, and other digital marketing best practices
- Create digital and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and other platforms, optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor the progress of the overall campaigns in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Successfully manage concurrent timelines and campaigns for all three Hillels
- Potential to provide leadership and mentoring to marketing and development student interns
What You'll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation time, including:
- Unlimited vacation and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Paid travel opportunities
- Professional development and continuing education stipend
- The ability to lead and grow new initiatives from the ground up ? with support from senior management
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local
Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.