Communications & Administrative Manager
The Temple Beth Israel Preservation Society, a multicultural organization located in Northeastern CT has a unique opportunity to fill a part time contractual position that will further the exciting work taking place through this innovative public charity. Please visit www.tbipreservation.org for a complete background about the Temple Beth Israel Preservation Society.
This is a contractual position based on $40.00 per hr. The position is grant funded. Up to 100 hours have been allocated for this work. Work may be performed in part remotely and on site.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree combining work experience in either public or private sector management, with a track record of event planning, and communications. The successful candidate must have worked in one or more of these sectors for a minimum of three years. The finalist will report directly to a member of the TBIPS Executive Committee and will be responsible for the following roles.
This new administrative leadership role will help execute programs, events, and communications.
1) One of the key roles of this position is to help the organization develop a year one work plan to include educational school programs and public events at the historic Temple Beth Israel.
2) This staff leader will be responsible for helping increase the number of public and private middle and high schools and community college partnerships with the TBIPS board that can lead to participation in the Society’s Children of Survivors Speaker’s Program.
3) The staff member will help plan performing and visual art events at TBI that complement the mission of the board.
4) This individual will also be the point person to help field phone or email inquiries about the Preservation Society and the historic site, Temple Beth Israel.
5) The administrator will play a key role helping to manage the TBIPS website, including expanding the use of social media to better inform donors, the public and board about the TBIPS.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: [email protected]
Temple Beth Israel Preservation Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.