The JKG Afterschool Community is a completely unique place for kids to play and learn. We offer the services of a premium afterschool program with a full, experiential Hebrew school curriculum. We are, as our name implies, a joyful Jewish community. This will inform the way you execute all of your duties as a JKG teacher.
JKG Afterschool Community Teachers:
- Plan meaningful, engaging activities that reflect specific learning goals. You’ll have the JKG Curriculum Map to guide you, and you'll be surrounded by a smart and inspiring group of peer educators.
- Create and facilitate Hebrew lessons through games, activities, and movement.
- Run the show in homeroom, homework time, and playground time.
- Document lesson plans
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and collaborative teacher planning meetings, as well as professional development opportunities
- Attend some holiday celebrations and promotional events (such as open houses, festival booths, etc.)
- Play active role in daily preparation
- Drive the JKG van daily to pick up students from local schools
- Run fun-filled camp days when public schools are closed.
- Adhere to strict COVID protocols
One of the following experiences required:
- Teaching Hebrew
- Teaching Jewish Studies
- Teaching in a Jewish school or Hebrew School
- Working in Jewish community
- Working at any summer camp (Jewish or otherwise)
- Teaching in a preschool or elementary school
- Babysitting/general childcare
Position Details: Hourly, Monday-Thursday, 12:30pm-6:15pm and Friday 12:30pm-5:15pm. Partial week options (i.e. just Mondays and Wednesdays) available as well.
Location: Four Afterschool locations in Morningside, Brookhaven, Decatur, and Sandy Springs!
Grades Served: PreK-5th grade
Rate: Hourly, starting at $22 per hour