Marketing Communications Coordinator
Hillel of Silicon Valley
The Marketing Communications Coordinator at Hillel of Silicon Valley will work with Hillel's team to further Hillel's mision to inspire every Jewish student at the five campuses we serve to make meaningful and enduring commitment to Jewish life. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will be the point person for marketing, communications, and other administrative needs. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Assistant Director, and other staff to ensure the successful implementation of Hillel of Silicon Valley's marketing, communications, and program strategies.
Scope of Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Design and prepare weekly newsletter communications through Constant Contact.
- Regularly update Hillel's website content together with Assistant Director and Program staff.
- Assist program staff in creating event flyers.
Community Outreach, Development, and Stewardship:
- Assist in designing and executing multiple solicitation mailings and emails.
- Seek and collect impact stories and quotes for campaigns from students and parents. Brainstorm innovative ways to tell our "Hillel story".
- Manage Hillel's website content and coordinate updates with contracted webmaster.
- Manage quality control of student engagement database.
- Coordinate social media presence to broader community to enhance organization's visibility and standing.
- Assist program staff in creating social media presence and engagement campaign to students.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for advertisement and engagement.
- Utilize social media as a tool for change.
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure completion of special projects and assignments.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Assistant Director, and other staff.
- Maintain inventory of development collateral and orders with vendors. When necessary, obtain price comparisons for new orders.
You Are Qualified to:
- Skillfully interface with the various constituencies we serve with tact and diplomacy
- Write effectively and persuasively
- Handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiently utilize word processing (Word, Excel) and graphic design (including Canva), social media (especially Facebook and Instagram), and Marketing (Constant Contact) software.
- Manage time successfully to meet all deadlines
- Share compelling stories about your work with pertinent people
- Plan and execute projects and programs
- Inspire others to support causes and organizations you care about through oral and written communication
- Getting the job done with initiative and creativity
- Work effectively under pressure and be flexible to change
What You will Get Out of It:
Great professional development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities.
Please apply at www.hilleljobs.com.
Applicants should include a cover letter, resume, and relevant sample of relevant work when applying.
About Hillel of Silicon Valley
Hillel of Silicon Valley is located in San Jose, California; a short walk away from San Jose State University. Hillel of Silicon Valley serves students at San Jose State University, Santa Clara University, De Anza College, Foothill College, and West Valley College. We welcome undergraduate and graduate students from other schools in Silicon Valley not served by another Hillel. Our mission is to provide a welcoming and supportive environment to enrich students' college experience and enable them to connect with the Jewish community. Our quality programs create a means for students to explore the social, cultural, and religious tapestries of Judaism and Israel. We support and educate for the pro-Israel voice on all of our campuses, as well as promote Israel as a destination for study and travel. In addition to the wide array of programs and events held at the Hillel House, Hillel of Silicon Valley maintains a visible presence on the campuses it serves.
Hillel of Silicon Valley is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.