Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI Schools is seeking a highly motivated General studies lower school teacher to serve as a maternity leave replacement from approximately October 20-January 11, teaching second and third graders with special needs, at its Irving Montak SINAI [email protected] campus in Riverdale, NY. The individual should have a Masters in Special Education and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with children.
- Teaching Special Education General Studies to second- and third-grade students with special needs
- Collaborate with co-educators and parents to facilitate the most productive environment possible for each individual’s learning needs.
- Masters in Special Education (required)
- 3-5 years teaching experience, preferably within a special education setting
- Knowledge of Orthodox Judaism a plus
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.