Congregation B'nai Torah is a vibrant, egalitarian, Conservative congregation in the heart of Sandy Springs, GA with 825 family units. We pride ourselves on being a warm, welcoming community, and offer a broad range of opportunities for worship, learning, and social activities for all ages. We welcome your application for the B’nai Torah Youth Advisor position.
B’nai Torah boasts an active youth program for students in 3rd through 8th grade. Our program for 3rd-5th graders is called Club 345, and our program for middle schoolers is called Junior Chai. We also have a robust community of High Schoolers and are looking to formalize programing and establish a stronger USY (United Synagogue Youth) chapter.
B’nai Torah Youth Advisor:
~ 10 hours per month, mostly on Sundays.
- Work with Rabbi and Directory of Lifelong learning to:
- plan youth programs for Club 345, and Junior Chai, and USY
- Coordinate with High Schoolers to build a USY Leadership council
- Conduct one Club 345 and one Junior Chai event per month, overseeing set-up, and clean-up
- Oversee the logistical components of programs, including finalizing bookings and ordering supplies for events
- Staff and supervise all Club 345, Junior Chai and USY events, and enforce all policies and religious standards at each event, including supervision, safety, driving, dress code, kashrut, Shabbat, etc.
- Coordinate with USY Leadership council the frequency and content of programs through the year
- Manage communication with members, including moderating and overseeing GroupMe chats, emails and phone calls
- Experience working with children, pre-teens and/or teens
- Demonstrates friendliness and personability to families and students
- Cares deeply for the educational and religious growth of students
- Is passionate about the values and rituals of Judaism
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Feels comfortable with technology
- Has strong leadership abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team of professionals and volunteers
$3000 - $5000
If interested, please send resume to Rabbi Hillel Konigsburg, [email protected]