The Yeshiva Schools of Pittsburgh is seeking a full-time Judaic Teacher for the three-year-old class in The Early Learning Center. We are a thriving community with a growing school and currently serve almost 350 families. As a Pennsylvania Keystone STARS 4 facility, we are committed to providing a quality, child-centered approach and have a warm and dedicated staff. We are looking for an experienced, nurturing, and creative individual to join our team.
- At least 1 year of experience teaching Judaic topics to three or four-year-old children.
- Valid CDA certification (Child Development Associate).
- Seminary certificate.
- College credits and/or degree.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Experience working with preschool-age children.
- Substantial knowledge of Judaic topics, including but not limited to parshas (weekly Torah portions), yomim tovim (Jewish holidays), chasidishe yomim tovim (Chassidic holidays), and alef-beis (Hebrew alphabet).
- Strong communication skills with children, co-workers, and parents.
- Skills in effectively managing behaviors.
- Healthcare benefits for full-time employees (30 hours or more per week).
- Competitive salary.
- Yom Tovim (Jewish holidays) and legal holidays off.
- Early dismissal Erev Shabbos (Friday afternoon).
- 7 days of paid time off (PTO).
- Professional development and education advancement opportunities.
- Tuition discounts at Yeshiva Schools for employees' children.
- Preferred workday from 8 am to 3 pm, with alternative options of 8 am to 12 pm or 12 pm to 3 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Full-year commitment.
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans, focusing on parshiot, yomim tovim, chasidishe yomim tovim, and alef-beis content.
- Observe and document children's developmental and academic abilities.
- Maintain a positive classroom atmosphere.
- Foster and develop relationships with children in the class.
- Communicate and collaborate with classroom staff as a team.
- Assist in managing classroom behaviors.
- Communicate with children's parents regarding their abilities and needs through messaging, calls, emails, and conferences.
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected].
Yeshiva Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, or sex in the administration of its programs, activities, or employment.