Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI Schools is seeking a part-time school Social Worker for the 2022-2023 year for students with special needs, ranging from ages 6-14, for the [email protected] campus in Livingston, NJ. The ideal candidate will be a licensed social worker who brings a wealth of knowledge and experience with children.
- Oversee the social and emotional development of our students
- Meet with students individually as well as in groups
- Collaborate with teachers to identify social/emotional skills and strategies to be targeted throughout the day.
- Support and partner with parents in generalizing of plans and skills at home
- Collaborate with physicians and mental health professionals working with students outside of school
- MSW or LCSW required
- 3-5 years experience, preferably within a special education setting
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply; EEO