Congregation Beth El seeks a motivated, passionate, and mission-driven development professional to manage all aspects of the synagogue’s fundraising activities. The Development Manager will partner with the Executive Director, Clergy, and Board of Trustees to develop and implement a cohesive fundraising strategy. The position will provide leadership on fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing. Leadership and coordination will also be provided for any potential non-annual campaign (endowment/capital).
- Manage all aspects of annual fundraising programs, including:
- Fundraising events in partnership with event chairs and committees.
- Shomrim Benefactor Program - coordinate and oversee donor benefits, steward current donors, cultivate new donors, and solicit new and renewed gifts.
- Community Partnership Program - grow corporate/business sponsorships.
- High Holiday Appeal – work with Executive Director and Clergy to identify who will make the appeal and help to develop the case for support.
- Life & Legacy planned gift program – help to encourage new planned gifts to the synagogue.
- Coordinate create of yearly fundraising calendar focused on a variety of appeals and special events.
- Onsite assistance with events and programs as needed.
- Partner with Community Engagement Director to support arms (Sisterhood, Men’s Club, Young Families Group, Habonim) to ensure coordination across all already of community programming.
- Manage any fundraising campaigns outside of annual giving including, potential endowment, capital, and programmatic campaigns. Identify prospective donors, help develop case for support, and coordinate solicitation meetings (mainly to be made by Clergy, Executive Director, and Board members)
- Manage administrative tasks related to fundraising including, event set-up, registration, database entry, reporting, mailings, etc.
- Develop and support a Fundraising Committee to assist in the implementation of initiatives.
- B.A./B.S. preferred.
- Three – five years professional fundraising experience required. Past work in a synagogue or within the Jewish Community preferred.
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (donor database experience desirable).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and inspire, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
About Congregation Beth El:
Our purpose as a congregation is to share the joys and responsibilities of Jewish tradition in a relevant, modern, and meaningful way with all who come under our wings. We hope that by getting to know us better you’ll find Beth El to be a place of encouragement and hope, joy and celebration; a source of meaning and inspiration in your life. At the same time, please know that Beth El strives to be a source of support and comfort in challenging times as well. At Beth El you are a part of a synagogue family that cares about you, looks out for you, and is concerned about your needs.
We strive to help individuals and families find meaningful points of entry into synagogue life. For some this may be through participation in our spiritually uplifting prayer services, for others it might be through Jewish learning, both in formal and informal settings. Still others will find their way to community through our peer-based social groups for youth, young families, empty nesters, and seniors. There are many paths to connection at Beth El.