Congregation Rinat Yisrael in Teaneck, NJ seeks a part time Bookkeeper. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with strong people skills and work ethic. We are a small office and work together as a team to create a warm, inclusive, welcoming synagogue community.
The Bookkeeper will oversee all day-to-day accounting operational functions, handling financial data for internal budgeting, assuming all month-end and year-end responsibilities and providing timely reports to the Executive Director and lay leadership. The Bookkeeper works collaboratively with our Rabbis, professional staff and lay leaders as well as with congregants. Candidates should be knowledgeable of Orthodox Jewish practice
A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, pro-active, and organized. The work also entails dealing with issues requiring a high degree of discretion and tact.
This is an on-site, part-time position, 24 hours per week, Monday-Thursday (flexible scheduling available).
- Responsible for maintaining shul finances, including receivables and payables, and managing cash flow. Includes making deposits as needed.
- Oversee and monitor all banking accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards.
- Primary responsibility for operating Quickbooks including functions associated with accounts payable and receivable, generating reports as needed
- Manage monthly and annual balance sheet and income statement reports, bank reconciliations, and general ledger analysis.
- Manage all aspects related to the annual audits and tax reporting and compliance.
- Oversee payroll process & reporting, manage benefits administration
- Manage member accounts and send account statements monthly
- Primary responsibility for operating Shulcloud transaction module
- Maintain membership database for accuracy and report production
- Provide accounting and membership reports to the Executive Director and Treasurer, as needed
- Interact with member regarding billing and other inquiries
- Processing of government grants for reimbursement
- Working with Rabbi on Rabbi Discretionary Fund needs
- 2-3 years of Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, or general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA is a plus
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience of Quickbooks, MS Office, Google Suite
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Experience with ShulCloud a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain degree of confidentiality
- Experience working in a non-profit or religious institution preferred
Resumes should be sent to [email protected]