Who We Are:
The Jewish Center, in Princeton, New Jersey, a 500-member vibrant, Egalitarian Conservative synagogue, is seeking a full-time Program and Membership Director to spearhead our membership efforts, both in reach & outreach and help grow our programming offerings to new heights, and to help our community members to create deep and enduring relationships. The Program and Membership Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Rabbi and Director of Congregational Learning to oversee membership relations and organize and plan in-person and virtual programming efforts. The Program and Membership Director develops and implements innovative initiatives that deepen members’ involvement in TJC’s communal life, Shabbat and Jewish holidays, broaden adult learning, and align with key elements of all TJC committees. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, detail oriented, Jewishly committed and knowledgeable, personable, and a dedicated member of our team.
-Coordinate volunteer engagement and tracking to help members use their gifts in the shul community.
- Work with other professional staff and appropriate lay leaders to help develop?and implement programs for a variety of ages ranging from early learners to young adults to senior members.
-Use programming as a tool for relationship building staff to members and members to each other.
- Lend support to all membership and fundraising events including engagement opportunities on Shabbat, Jewish Holidays, and other special events.
- Develop and implement programs and services that will help make TJC a?destination and gathering place. These programs could include holiday celebrations, outdoor activities, social, educational, and recreational events.
- Oversee event coordination, logistics, catering, and follow-up.
- Evaluate programs to ensure they meet our many congregant cohorts.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and maintain the programming and membership budget.
- Attend all meetings, trainings, conferences, and events as assigned.
- Maintain the highest quality of courtesy, friendliness and service toward members, visitors, and other staff.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as programs take place
-Works well with lay-led committees to implement programs and projects
- Produces a rolling 18-month calendar of programs, events, and services
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain relationships with members and colleagues
- Successful in organizing programs and events and working with volunteers
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Works collaboratively and independently, with strong follow-through
- Experienced with managing multiple concurrent responsibilities in an organized manner
- Acts with integrity, tact, and confidentiality
- Experience with using social media to develop and sustain member relations
- Strong written and oral communications skills
A minimum of 5 years in a related position in Jewish communal work
Bachelors degree required and Masters degree preferred
Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to a broad variety of people
Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Computer skills in Word & Excel (or Google Workspace equivalent)
Database management with ShulCloud or comparable CRM
This is a Full-time position. Availability during business hours is required and nights and weekends as planned in advance. Must have reliable transportation.
Salary commensurate with experience and comparable to industry stands
Health benefits are available.
Apply through jobsite or email resume and cover letter to [email protected]