We are growing! Gesher Jewish Day School is adding positions for the 2021-2022 school year to accommodate a record number of new students. We are opening new classes and hiring superior teachers to join our team!
We are a warm, Jr. K-8 Jewish community school dedicated to nurturing a growth mindset and cultivating joy. A caring classroom environment with high standards and hands-on learning experiences are hallmarks of Gesher JDS. We are located on a large wooded campus with a garden, hiking trails, vernal pond, and meadow.
Gesher is seeking a Hebrew teacher to help us strengthen our ability to meet the needs of lateral entry students into our developed Hebrew language program.
Teachers at Gesher are expected to:
- Promote development of students’ abilities and skills
- Adapt and differentiate instruction to meet students' individual learning needs and learning styles
- Instruct students individually, in small groups, and as a whole class
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons and communicates those objectives
- Uses a multitude of formats to assess students
- Incorporate a variety of materials for students to explore, manipulate, and use
- Communicate regularly and effectively with teaching team and parents/guardians
- Collaborate with teachers, specialists and administrators
- Training in Besod Ha’Ivrit/Bishviel Ha’Ivrit preferred
- Proficiency in Hebrew required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, MAT/M.Ed preferred
- Experience in the classroom
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology
- Strong consideration for those trained in Responsive Classroom
Gesher Jewish Day School is open and in person 5 days a week. For the health and safety of our community, we require teachers and students to wear masks, social distance, and have a daily health screening at this time.
Gesher Jewish Day School is committed to equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, and physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
Job Type: Part-time, 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8am-4pm
Pay: $20k - $30K/year