Tufts Hillel seeks an enthusiastic, highly organized professional with exceptional communication skills to serve as our Operations/Development Coordinator. The Coordinator is an integral member of the Tufts Hillel staff and will actively impact many critical, behind the scenes aspects of running our $1.5M+ organization. They serve as the “right hand” to both the Director of Operations and Director of Development, assisting in key aspects of the financial, operations, and donor management functions of our Hillel.
In addition to providing administrative support which includes activities such as:
- Create and send weekly gift acknowledgements
- Process bill payments and reimbursements
- Manage receipts using PeopleSoft and Excel
- Handle the Executive Director’s calendar
- Manage engagement database
- Processing of work order & facilities requests
- Maintain & order supplies
- Manage gift and donor data
- Draft & edit internal and external communication
The Coordinator will, for example:
- Welcome and assist visitors (in person, by phone and email)
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist with event logistics
- Assist in maintaining building security
- Serve as the vendor liaison for email and mail communications.
The Coordinator will frequently interact with Hillel staff, students, donors, outside vendors and, members of the wider Tufts University community. They will routinely work with confidential information and will need to always exercise discretion. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to develop project management, executive management, and leadership skills in a small, vibrant organization.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- College degree and 1-3 years work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Experience with CRM software or complex database
- Demonstratable ability to manage concurrent activities, work under pressure and be adaptable to changing priorities
- Interest in advancing the Tufts Hillel mission
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding attention to detail & ability to take initiative
Additional Preferred Experience
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish practices.
What You’ll Get Out of It
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $52,000
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Near public transportation, free parking, access to Tufts gym
- A network of terrific Hillel colleagues
About Tufts Hillel
Tufts Hillel, a private, not-for-profit organization, is the hub of Jewish life at Tufts University. Recognized for its innovative approaches to engaging students in meaningful Jewish experiences, Tufts Hillel serves all Tufts students through community service projects, social events, social justice programs, learning and religious activities. For more information, please visit www.hillel.tufts.edu
Tufts Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Tufts University
Founded in 1852, Tufts is a top-tier student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge. It is committed to providing transformative experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges, and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.