ABOUT Irvine Hebrew Day School:
IHDS is an innovative Jewish K-8 school, and so much more…it is a hub of Jewish life, learning, and Israel celebration for the entire Jewish community. What we have been providing for our children, we are also extending to the greater community.
IHDS was founded in 2014, and is now located in Santa Ana, CA. In our short years, our innovative approach has earned us status as a “model school” within the Jewish community and beyond. Our nurturing Jewish environment goes hand in hand with the highest academic standards, including an inquiry-based, experiential education. At IHDS, Jewish texts and traditions are taught in depth to all Jewish children, as we embrace all Jewish families, from all educational, denominational, and economic backgrounds. Hebrew language and Israel education are integral to our school. Every child and family is valued, appreciated, and heard. IHDS is built on the principle that developing the whole child is essential for success in our 21st century world. Children are taught essential life skills, such as problem-solving, critical thinking, empathy, perseverance, and collaboration, fostering our next generation’s Jewish leaders.
Our children must see the “why” behind their Jewishness; IHDS guides children in their personal understanding of why being Jewish is a source of pride and celebration. It is a safe space for our children during a time that anti-semitism in schools is rising rapidly.
After purchasing a 5-acre campus in 2019, we were able to see the beginning of our vision as a Jewish community hub come to fruition. We have hosted community events celebrating Israel, have become the home for the Israeli Scouts, and have opened our doors to collaborating organizations such as the Israeli American Council ( IAC). We are primed for the next level in our success as we work towards sustainability.
Manage, strategize, and execute all philanthropic activities and programs, including major gifts, capital campaign, planned giving, annual fund, foundation and corporate grants, stewardship, fundraising events, and donor database, as well as be a part of the marketing team. The Director of Development will maintain, uphold, and honor the work of the founders and Board, and work with the administration, staff, Board, and other lay leaders to strategically devise and achieve all fundraising goals.
Reporting primarily to the President of the Board of Directors.
• Strategically plan and execute all philanthropic activities.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts/leadership gifts prospects in collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Principal.
• Provide strategic fundraising and marketing direction to the Board, Principal and Fundraising Committee chair. Attend Board meetings as needed.
• Provide oversight for all fundraising activities including capital campaign, gift processing, direct mail, annual gifts, planned giving, and campaign counsel.
• Adhere to fundraising best practices with regards to policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement a robust planned giving strategy.
• Develop and implement a robust parent and grandparent outreach program.
• Oversee the planning, implementation and execution of fundraising and stewardship events.
• Utilize and oversee donor database.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a passionate and principled fundraiser who is truly dedicated to the education and empowerment of the next Jewish generation. You want to be part of a small but mighty team of people who are passionate about the vision of IHDS. You have an "all hands on deck" and collaborative mindset, ready to build the community along with us.
• 2 + years progressive experience with quantifiable results in fundraising
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced degree preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish philanthropic communities in Orange County and Los Angeles that supports Jewish continuity, Jewish community, Jewish education, Israel, and innovative thinking. An ability to expand beyond Southern California donors and seek out grants and gifts from philanthropists throughout the United States.
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of Irvine Hebrew Day School
• Proven track record of setting and attaining successful fundraising goals
• Success in marketing and communications
• Ability to be highly efficient and effective in task and time management.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, lay leaders and faculty
• Experience making presentations to audiences, large and small
• Ability to effectively communicate the mission and goals of our school
Please send cover letter and resume to Karin Hepner at [email protected]
Salary range for full time employment is between $85,000-$100,000 and is commensurate with experience. There is room to grow in salary and hours as goals are met and exceeded.
Both pre-employment and post-employment background screenings are required.