POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE, ASSOCIATION OF REFORM JEWISH EDUCATORS
Organization: Association of Reform Jewish Educators (ARJE)
Employment Type: Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Reporting to: Executive Director, Association of Reform Jewish Educators
Start Date: July 15, 2022
Salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000 plus competitive benefits package
The Association of Reform Jewish Educators (ARJE) seeks a data-loving individual to help support ARJE as their Program & Operations Associate. The Program & Operations Associate will manage ARJE’s database while developing and supporting operational systems to maximize impact and revenue. This position is an opportunity to impact a small mission- based non-profit that values it members and employees and elevates the field of Jewish Education.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Program & Operations Associate reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
ADMINISTRATION & DATA MANAGEMENT
- Oversee day-to-day administration of membership records and data management.
- Launch and manage new customer relation management systems (CRM) and membership portal. Strengthen data tracking and reconcile inconsistent or inaccurate information. Streamline and maintain data to build out a robust database.
- Ensure all revenue is entered and acknowledged properly; over time, developing a keen understanding of individual and collective revenue patterns to make recommendations, improve efficiency, and generate more revenue, and what does and does not work.
- Generate reports and analyze data around members, donors, and prospects. Configure and manage database query and reporting; understand and recommend best practices as result of analysis.
- Assist lay leadership and staff with project monitoring, internal reporting, form creation, deadline management, membership renewal, fundraising campaigns, and events.
COMMUNICATION & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Help foster and maintain lay leader, donor and community relationships and communication.
- Oversee and assist members with ARJE’s online member portal, association membership software/website.
- Manage and execute the donor acknowledgement process.
- Generate and track invoices, paymentts and pledges.
WHO YOU ARE & KEYS TO SUCCESS (THE MUST-HAVES):
To be successful in this job, you excel in the following areas:
- Data Management. Attention to details and love of data. Ability to perform in-depth data research to understand donor-base and increase impact. Strong computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Member Management or association software/CRMs and WordPress.
- Communication. Effective oral and written communication skills and able to utilize and different forms of relevant media. Ability to ask questions, and work collaboratively as part of a remote team.
- Organization, Planning, and Multitasking. Desire to align tasks with a broader vision, determine organizational priorities, and offer insights to maximize efficiency, productivity, and achieve organizational goals. Advanced organizational and planning skills, including formal and informal event planning. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multitask with minimal supervision. With training, be able to learn new processes and procedures in a timely manner. Detail-oriented with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Self-Management and Teamwork. Ability to work independently or as a member of the team. Eager to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to identify organizational stress points, ask for help, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with non-profits preferred
- A background in prioritizing Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (i.e., ableism, LGBTQ+ Inclusion, antiracism, etc.) in organizational work
ARJE is the professional association of Jewish educators who work in Reform Jewish settings or identify with the Reform Movement. The ARJE brings educational leaders who aspire to live out their sacred calling with a commitment to Jewish values and ideals. As a professional organization we inspire one another through excellence in work of Jewish teaching and learning. ARJE members enrich lives by challenging minds, nurturing souls and strengthening Jewish communities. Our organization has a small staff and a robust lay leadership that seek to treat one another with respect and dignity, uplifting and supporting one another and our profession.
Please include a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining your skills and experience and how you meet the essential functions and qualifications of the position.We look forward to hearing from you! Please click the link to APPLY ONLINE!. Alternatively, please mail your resume and cover letter to: Union for Reform Judaism, Attn: Talent Management, 633 Third Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
The URJ strives to be a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse environment. We promote strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities and individuals who identify as LGBTQ+.