About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
We are looking for an Associate Director to join the Mountain States (MS) and Pacific Northwest (PNW) Region professional team. This position will be based in Denver, Colorado, and report to the Executive Director – Mountain States Region. The Associate Director's primary objectives will be to develop relationships with prospective and current donors and to raise money for JNF USA's National Campaign, and to implement the short and long-term philanthropic strategies within the Mountain States (MS) and Pacific Northwest (PNW) regions. The region includes the following states: Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Washington and Oregon. This position will require regular travel throughout the region.
The candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF-USA mission and for Israel.
- Solicitations, cultivation, and stewardship of existing and prospective donors via zoom and/or face-to-face.
- Identifying, cultivating, and closing major gift prospects
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Oversee the Fundraising Campaigns in MS and PNW Regions.
- Provide professional leadership to the MS and PNW Board of Directors subcommittees.
- Planning and execution of JNF USA's events in the regions, including the Breakfast for Israel and other donor events.
- Recruit for JNF USA's Missions (virtual and in-person) to Israel and annual National Conference
- You will be expected to attend meetings and events which also take place in the evening and weekends
- You will be expected to travel throughout the MS and PNW regions.
- Passion for Israel
- 5+ years of strong fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of campaign/sales growth
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and multi-tasking ability
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and Salesforce/CRM experience preferred
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, and experience.
Base pay range
$75,000/yr - $90,000/yr