Part-Time Religious School Teacher for 5th and 6th grade Students
Salary competitive for area and commensurate with experience ($40-$50 an hour)
Full Job Description
YAHAD is the combined Conservative Jewish religious school for Congregation B’nai Jacob and Congregation Or Shalom, two Conservative synagogues in the neighboring towns of Woodbridge and Orange. YAHAD is a small but vibrant religious school with a dedicated staff. Through hands-on activities, discussions of holidays and stories from the Torah, and Hebrew and prayer study, the teachers at YAHAD are dedicated to helping the students feel connected to Judaism in a fun and engaging manner. We are seeking a part-time religious school teacher for middle school grades ranging from 5th to 7th.
Classes meet most Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons from mid-September until mid-May with days off for Jewish holidays and school vacations. Responsibilities include teaching the children core Jewish stories, holidays, prayers and values. Candidates should have advanced Hebrew reading and comprehension skills as well as an ability to convey Jewish literacy, history, and values.
Wednesday 4:00 PM -5:30 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
The ideal candidate will have a true passion for Judaism and Jewish education, excellent communication, and people skills. Classroom experience in a religious school setting is desirable.
- previous experience teaching in a religious school setting.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Solid background in Hebrew reading and knowledge of core prayers is required.
- Familiarity with Jewish holidays, stories from the Torah, and Jewish values the ability to teach these topics
- Knowledge of Conservative Judaism’s tunes and values preferred.
- Dedication to teaching and experience working with children.
- Strong work ethic.
Please contact Rachel Steigleder, [email protected] with a resume and cover letter.