The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to hire a HR Manager to continue to create an environment that attracts, develops, retains and engages talent to our agency.
The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. If you are someone with experience executing the transactional core HR processes and want to do that plus be able to strategize and build systems and processes for a non-profit, mission-driven organization that cares about its employees and the community, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage employee lifecycle milestones and processes, such as, but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, annual review process, training and development and offboarding.
- Identify, plan and attend career fairs/recruitment events for year-round and seasonal positions.
- Lead Employer Branding planning and execution of activities.
- Assist in employee relations matters: coaching managers in providing feedback, conflict management, handling investigations in an unbiased, professional manner.
- Conduct exit interviews, review trends/opportunities and implement improvement measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Payroll and Benefits
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll – this includes ensuring accuracy of check and that checks are paid according to the company payroll calendar.
- Responsible for benefits and 401(k) administration, including but not limited to: enrollments and terminations, calculation and ensuring accuracy in payroll, answering inquiries from staff, communicating with vendors, auditing information for accuracy, ensuring invoices are accurate and paid on time, and recordkeeping.
- Ensure adherence of benefits policies related to short and long-term leave, PTO, FMLA, etc. Ensure proper documentation related to LOA is received, recorded and communicated to employees and management.
- Maintain company compliance with state and federal employment law including the filing of the EEO-1, required postings, and implements and tracks the yearly trainings on OSHA, Workplace Safety, Compliance, Harassment and Confidentiality.
- Participate in yearly audits for 401(k) and workers compensation.
- Responsible for handling Unemployment Claims – this includes fact-checking claims and providing documentation to support or deny claim.
- Support the configuration and maintenance of HRIS system to include recruitment, onboarding, employee lifecycle changes, offboarding, benefits and employee record updates as needed.
- Ensure employee personnel files are complete and employee information is kept confidential; responsible for regular internal HR compliance audits.
- Create and maintain reporting for HR department including but not limited to retention, FTE and OT.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Human Resources, Payroll or a related field
- Experience with HRMS and/or HRIS software (Paycom a plus)
- Experience in benefits administration
- Non-profit experience is a plus!
- Excellent attention to detail, can maintain large amounts of data
- Someone with strong problem-solving, decision-making skills and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Record of maintaining confidentiality, highly trustworthy
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management
- Excellent technical skills and abilities, proficient in MS Office products
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
COMMITTMENT TO INCLUSION
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.