Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking a self-motivated and collaborative Coordinator for the Stampfer Retreat Center at Camp Solomon Schechter. The position reports to the Director of Operations and will work with our board, staff, and volunteers to ensure the success of our Jewish retreat center program . . . aspiring to be the premier Jewish Retreat Center on the west coast! The person in this position will balance their time between engaging the Jewish community to grow the center’s business and ensuring customers have an incredible experience during their stay. This position has the opportunity to work from the facility in Tumwater, the business office on Mercer Island, or work remotely along the I-5 corridor between Seattle and Portland.
The Center’s mission is to provide a welcoming, safe, and fun camp environment, steeped in the values of integrity, respect, and equitable treatment. Our natural setting, open to all, is a unique and inspiring environment that promotes a sense of community and personal growth through art, culture, sports, and environmental education.
Centrally located in Olympia, Washington – an hour south of Seattle and two hours north of Portland – the Stampfer Retreat Center can host events large and small. From a 12-person day retreat to 250-person b’nai mitzvah, our excellent facility and food service have won over numerous groups. Learn more at www.stampferretreatcenter.org
- Generate appropriate sales leads for the retreat center by developing relationships with organizations in the Pacific Northwest (PNW) Jewish community and, to a lesser extent, the local secular community.
- Work with Jewish partners to jointly plan creative Jewish retreat experiences for people in the PNW Jewish community.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain all paperwork related to retreat center business.
- Responsible for all communication with retreat center customers.
- Ensure exceptional customer service for all customers before, during, and after their time at the retreat center.
- Act as the on-property liaison between the group and facility staff (kitchen, maintenance, and housekeeping) for some of the groups.
- Maintain and, where possible, grow the relationship with the existing customers.
- In consultation with the Retreat Center Committee, write and implement a business plan for the retreat center.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and/or familiarity with the PNW Jewish community (preferred)
- A background in sales, marketing, and business development (preferred)
- A background in program and/or event planning (preferred)
- Be action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative in approach to business planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly self-motivated, focused, resilient, goal-oriented, and results-driven
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, and customers
- Ability to work in a team setting and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite
This position is full-time ($55,000 - $65,000) with benefits (medical, vision, dental, sick, vacation, holiday, personal, retirement). Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Only those whose applications being considered will be contacted.
Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, religious belief, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.