Camp Ramah in Wisconsin is seeking to fill the position of Infirmary Medical Director (Head Nurse). The primary responsibility for the Infirmary Medical Director is to oversee and manage the camp’s on-site infirmary. In addition, this individual will assist in developing and implementing plans to manage all aspects of the health and safety of campers and staff throughout camp.
We are seeking a collaborative leader who will prioritize the health and safety for our community. This individual should have the medical and managerial skills to maintain community health, supervise team members and handle a variety of healthcare needs and situations.
The Infirmary Medical Director will work in partnership with the Director of Operations, Executive Director, Assistant Director, Director of Camper Care & Inclusion, and broader summer leadership team to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all campers and staff.
ROLE TYPE & LOCATION
- Full-Time Summer Role (June – mid-August) in Conover, Wisconsin
- Part-Time Offseason Role (September – May) Remote
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
ABOUT CAMP RAMAH IN WISCONSIN
Camp Ramah Wisconsin provides 500+ children and 300+ adults with transformative experiences of vibrant Jewish life seamlessly blended with the joy of summer camp. Ramah campers spend their summer swimming in the lake, playing sports on the courts, creating arts & crafts projects, and so much more! We serve Jewish campers throughout the Midwest with diverse backgrounds and needs that come together to make friends, have fun, develop skills, and enhance their Judaism.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Summer Season
- Infirmary Operations
- Supervise opening of infirmary at the beginning of the season and closing at the end of the season.
- Supervise the keeping of medication administration records, treatment logs, incident reports and inventory in the infirmary.
- Schedule work hours and time off for infirmary staff.
- Serve as a liaison to camp management, staff trainers, and physicians.
- Ensure that the infirmary remains in compliance with all State, County and American Camping Association regulations.
- Patient Care
- Oversee and coordinate Infirmary activities and medical services.
- Oversee the distribution of medications.
- Organize and supervise daily sick call.
- Coordinate overnight on-call schedules for nurses.
- Oversee care for patients admitted to infirmary.
- Coordinate treatment for campers and staff requiring off-site doctor or hospital visits.
- Direct communication with parents/guardians.
- Offseason (September – May)
- Review camper and staff medical forms to ensure they are completed and identify potential health issues that need to be addressed prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain Infirmary Policies & Procedures documentation and address emerging medical policies in keeping with the mission of Camp Ramah Wisconsin.
- Assist in recruiting, preparing and training of infirmary staff for upcoming season.
- Coordinate all purchasing of medical supplies, software and equipment.
- Licensed medical professional in good standing (RN or LPN preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in clinical medical role with children and adolescents and/or administrative health care setting
- Summer residency of approximately 11 weeks at Ramah’s campus in Conover, WI
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS AND SKILLS
- Background working at or attending an overnight summer camp
- Prior experience in a managerial role
- Ability and willingness to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leadership, and other partners
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Organized, patient, strong communication skills
- Starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, and skillset required for each role
- Starting salary range for this position: $20,000 - $30,000 annually
- Room and board during summer
- Extensive benefits, including tuition discounts for dependents attending Camp Ramah in Wisconsin
Please email all of the following items to [email protected] with “Infirmary Medical Director” in the Subject Line:
- Cover letter – Tell us your story and why Camp Ramah in Wisconsin
- Resume – Detailing each position you have held, education and licensing
Interested candidates should apply before December 31, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, age, religion, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, intellectual disability, mental disability, physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, unless it is shown that such disability prevents performance of the work involved, medical condition, handicap, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partnership status, parental status, military status, veteran or military discharge status, source of income or housing status or any other status protected by applicable law.