Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We are a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative illness, as well as offering year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children, teens, and adults living with special needs. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. Enjoy a lively Zumba class or work out at our state of the art fitness center. Make new friends. Meet popular authors and inspiring speakers. Celebrate holidays. Play canasta. Practice your Hebrew. Try your hand at watercolor painting. Work out with a personal trainer. We offer educational and interactive programs for seniors 60+ to help them achieve physical fitness, experience the world through cultural programs, keep their minds active with lectures, and engage with their peers in social groups.
Openings for immediate hire! Fantastic opportunity to join a great team of early childhood professionals!
We're growing! We are looking for qualified, caring Early Childhood Assistant Teachers for our non-profit agency.
We offers a collegial, supportive atmosphere where teachers are respected as professionals. We value parents as partners, see children as capable and consider teachers both researchers and facilitators.
We are looking for Assistant Teachers who want to be a part of our vibrant learning community where joy, creativity, and meaningful relationships flourish. This Part/full-time position is in Nassau County, (East Hills) Long Island.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Assist Lead Teacher with classroom routines and activities
- Assist children in developing their social and cognitive skills as well as provide them with basic education
- Provide age appropriate care for each child
- Provide a nurturing atmosphere where children are treated with courtesy, while maintaining age appropriate boundaries
- Evaluate students' social development and physical well-being.
- Follow the directions and assignments given by the Lead Teacher, EC Director and/or Assistant Director
- Help to maintain a well-organized, supervised, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of the children
- Contact time with children
- Set-up classroom
- Clean-up as necessary and maintain a safe environment throughout the classroom
- Accept responsibility for specific assignments at the discretion of the Director
- Attend staff meetings
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in ECE or related field is a plus (in progress is OK) or a Child Development Associates Credential (CDA)
- Experience working with children ages 6 weeks to 3 years of age required
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.