OFFICE MANAGER - Consultant to Hire
Mount Freedom Jewish Center is a warm, growing, open Modern Orthodox synagogue, located in Mt Freedom NJ, with approximately 150 families and nearly 40 students in the Hebrew school. The MTFJC has been in existence for 100 years. Our community has evolved from a farming neighborhood to a Jewish vacation destination and ultimately a year-round suburb. We invite people of every segment of Judaism to engage with their Jewish tradition, without judgment. This is a community where every single member and family is valued and integral to the success and well-being of our community.
We seek a dynamic and innovative Office Manager who will operate a warm and friendly, high-functioning, accurate, and fast paced office 30-40 hours a week. This role reports to the synagogue treasurer and it includes overseeing maintenance staff. While on-campus presence is essential, MTFJC’s Office Manager will have some flexibility to work remotely as well.
- Welcome and greet visitors in person and online inquiries
- Supervises the day-to-day management of the synagogue’s administrative affairs, physical security, facility operations and membership needs
- Be main point of contact for coordination of life cycle events, and all synagogue programs
- Maintain integrity of data in donor database/CRM (ShulCloud)
- Execute office mailings (email, email marketing, and regular mail)
- Assist Rabbi with school administration and other areas as needed every Tuesday from 4-6pm.
- Work with and assist clergy, volunteers and board members
- Complete weekly financial duties such as check, credit card and cash deposits, pay all vendors and other bills
- Work with and coordinate vendors for purchases and services (printing, trash, alarm, security, supplies, cleaning, etc.) and maintain inventory of all supplies
- Works with the House and Grounds Committee
- Manage organizational calendar in shulcloud(prayer, committees, events, meetings, etc.)
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed to attend synagogue meetings, some events and some religious services
- Other tasks as assigned
- Superb telephone, written, and verbal communication skills, with a warm friendly demeanor
- High level of professionalism and customer focus
- Experience with any type of CRM or donor database, (ShulCloud) a plus
- Hours will be: 30-40 a week
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Customer service experience
- Previous work in a "client facing" office, house of worship, and/or museum setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency on Social Media (Twitter, SnapChat, Facebook, etc) a plus
- Basic knowledge of Jewish practice, rituals, and culture
Pay range of $20-$25/hr is based on qualifications and experience.
The duties and responsibilities in this position may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Submit your resume to Darren Milun: [email protected]
Please email only, no phone calls!