We are looking for teachers for the fall! If any of the following describes you- we welcome your application.
- You love working with children and have a strong pride in your Jewish identity
- You love seeing kids find meaning with their Jewish peers
- You are compassionate towards kids with different learning needs and are creative in how you see the possibilities within a religious school setting
- You love to work smarter not harder and collaborate with other people
- You have a passion for connecting kids to Hebrew at all levels
- You care about connecting kids to Jewish prayer and meaning
- You love to bring modern Hebrew to elementary school students in an interactive way
- You are looking for a way to strengthen your community during these challenging times
If this is you- we hope you are interested in joining our innovative, forward thinking religious school. Our goal is to provide a strong supportive environment for teachers doing this important work.
We pay $26-$36/hr depending on experience and pay extra for the time you spend preparing for class. We value the extra time and effort you put into making your classes interactive and dynamic.
We have both in person and online Hebrew teaching opportunities.
- Modern Hebrew opportunities on Wednesday afternoons and Sunday mornings in person
- 6th grade IN PERSON BELLEVUE Hebrew position (4-6pm)
*Teaching credentials not necessary. Ability to communicate with kids is our top priority!
What WE Provide:
Hebrew school- $26-$36/hr starting salary (3-4 hrs a week includes prep time for Hebrew)
B'nai Mitzvah tutoring- $35-$55/hr (flexible times)
Significant professional development- paid opportunities*
Supervisory support and guidance
Grade level team support and learning opportunities
A growing and dynamic community
Clergy support and guidance
The ability to fit this into your schedule and geographic location!
*We have a unique opportunity to offer our teachers opportunities to further their Jewish education online, in person, and at conferences. We will pay for your professional development as well as for your time spent learning. This is a great way to earn extra money and strengthen your own knowledge.
This exciting opportunit is ONLY AVAILABLE at TDHS thanks to the generosity of the Bobbi and Bob Bridge Teacher's Endowment Fund.
Positions are open for the 2022-2023 (5783) school year.
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is the leading Reform congregation in the Pacific Northwest. With two distinct campuses covering the greater Seattle area, we serve more than 1,700 member families through thought-provoking programs, award-winning educational offerings, professional staff and outstanding clergy.
We welcome everyone in the Temple community as a member of our family–Jewish and interfaith families, Jewish singles and single parents, youth and the elderly, Jews of color, LGBTQ families with or without children, and people with disabilities.
If you have questions, please contact:
Stacey Delcau, Director of Education [email protected]
Check us out at www.tdhs-nw.org