Congregation Bet Haverim is a vibrant, Reconstructionist synagogue founded in 1985 by lesbians and gay men and embracing all Jews and their loved ones. Our mission is to promote a bold and expansive Jewish identity and culture emphasizing inclusivity, creativity, spirituality and social justice as we uphold our commitment to serve the LGBTQ and allied community. Our community today is made up of 300+ diverse households: we are gay, straight, and all over the gender continuum; we are ethnically diverse; we are learners and mavens, skeptics and spiritualists. Learn more about CBH at www.congregationbethaverim.org
We are seeking an Office Administrator to oversee the day to day functioning of the CBH office and building. The Office Administrator will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure accounts receivable/payable are processed and recorded, including working with CBH members and outside vendors. The ideal candidate will be a smart, methodical, detail oriented, personable, organized member of our small team.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree considered favorably.
- 3 years of relevant experience required, including the management of QuickBooks Online. ShulCloud billing/payments experience preferable
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to a broad variety of people
- Exceptional organizational and reporting skills
The Office Administrator is responsible for the smooth day-to-day functioning of all things related to the CBH facility and rentals, as well as having outstanding written and oral communication skills for the regular interaction with members and vendors to ensure payment.The CBH Office Administrator will report to and work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, ensuring financials are up to date and providing regular reporting to the ED to track CBH’s standing in their annual budget. This is a full time, exempt position and, as per a typical synagogue calendar, responsibilities will be at a maximum during High Holidays and Membership Renewal. Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee accounts receivable & payable
- Oversee Building Maintenance and Upkeep
- Oversee Office Management
- Secure & manage off site rental spaces, both one-off and ongoing
- Oversee & schedule security
- Onboarding New Employees and Vendors with Proper Paperwork
- Occasional off-business hour support for project management in conjunction with volunteers
Position Structure and Compensation
- This is a full-time, exempt, administrative position. The Office Administrator is a critical, trusted member of the CBH staff, ensuring that everything happens efficiently behind the scenes for the sake of gatherings for a vibrant, diverse community. The Office Administrator reports to the Executive Director.
- Availability during business hours is required in this hybrid work environment, with regular weekly office hours. Must have reliable transportation for regular weekly trips to the bank and post office.
- Compensation is 45-50k, commensurate with experience
- Benefits include paid personal time off, medical/dental benefits package, access to a 401K plan, and paid time off for both U.S. and Jewish Holidays
Education and Experience:
o Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in accounts receivable/payable, preferably in a non-profit organization
o Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
o Fluency in QuickBooks Online
o Computer skills in Word & Excel (or Google Workspace equivalent)
o Database/Transactions Management with ShulCloud or comparable CRM
Additional preferred experience:
o Knowledge of Jewish ritual, traditions, and life-cycle events a plus, but not required
Extensive background check will be required.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]