Director of Youth and Teen Engagement
Bet Torah Synagogue
Mount Kisco, NY
Do you love working with teens and kids in a dynamic thriving Jewish community? Are you energized by a growing youth program? Are you seeking an opportunity to support the values of an energizing and engaged community?
If your answers to the above questions are yes, we would like to meet you.
Bet Torah Synagogue:
Widely recognized as an extraordinarily vibrant community, Bet Torah is a growing Conservative congregation of over 500 families. We are a welcoming and egalitarian community led by inspiring and engaging clergy, dedicated lay leaders, and a strong professional team. The creative energy and grass-roots engagement of our members fuels our community spirit as together we pray, learn, share lifecycle events, support each other, educate our children, socialize, participate in cultural programs and commit to tikkun olam - repairing the world.
Our highly successful youth and teen programs include social, educational and community service programs that engage our younger generation in a variety of ways to increase their Jewish learning and help them to develop their Jewish identities.
Bet Torah is located in the heart of beautiful Northern Westchester, an exceptional place to live and work, in close proximity to New York City, walking distance from Metro North.
Bet Torah is seeking a dynamic Director of Youth and Teen Engagement. This full-time position is responsible for executing innovative programming with our teens and youth. In this role, the Director will create positive Jewish experiences for our youth and teens by implementing social and educational programs that uphold our community values. This position will collaborate with professional staff, clergy and the Youth Commission to maintain current teen programs, implement new programming and drive awareness of programs throughout the community. This position is supervised by the Kulanu Director (religious school).
- Develop strong relationships with youth, teens and families and the volunteer Youth Chair
- Responsible for communication and recruitment for all youth and teen events
- Plan, execute and attend all youth and teen events in partnership with teens and Youth Chair including: Purim Carnival, Youth Shabbat, Midnight Run and others
- Lead ongoing monthly social activities and weekly educational programs for 4th-12th graders
- Oversee established programs including Moving Traditions groups, the Better Together intergenerational program, and teen travel fellowship
- Supervise and support teen staff and group facilitators
- Evaluate programs; collect feedback and implement enhancements in partnership with the Youth Chair
- Support the Kulanu Director in experiential and social elements of Kulanu (religious school)
- Support Kulanu Director with on-site management during religious school
- Collaborate with the congregational staff team
- Perform other such duties as assigned from time to time
- On site presence required during the academic year including Sunday mornings. As well as evening and weekend events as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters in Education or Jewish Education preferred.
- At least 2 years of previous experience (classroom or experiential) preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate, connect with and build relationships with youth and teens
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with parents, volunteers and staff
- Leadership experience (including teaching, camp staff, youth group advisor, Jewish educational programs)
- Self-starter, who can work independently and has a drive to do their best
- Excellent project management and administrative skills; proven experience running programs independently from start to finish
- Social media expertise and computer proficiency in database, word processing, and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to manage and administer annual department budget with support of Kulanu Learning Program Director
- $60-$70 K Based on Experience
- Paid time off, health and retirement benefits
- Supplemental maternity and paternity benefits
- Bet Torah Nursery School and Religious School tuition discounts
- Flexible work schedule