About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
This development professional serves on the Professional Women’s team within the larger UJA Women’s team, with primary responsibility for the engagement and solicitation of professional women. The Development Associate/Executive will be responsible for the engagement, cultivation, and solicitation of donors and prospects in their portfolio through face-to-face solicitations; organizing cultivation and fundraising events, educational projects, and hands-on activities; and providing support to leadership committees. This individual will primarily engage professional women across all industries in the mission of UJA-Federation of New York to cultivate gifts to the annual campaign.
- Increase the donor base and fundraising efforts through outreach and developing and strengthening relationships with prospects and existing donors.
- Employ a variety of fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising & cultivation events, phone sessions, and written communications to educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA and to increase the dollars raised for the Annual Campaign from Professional Women.
- Act as lead staff for assigned cultivation and fundraising programs for Professional Women, such as the Mentor Program, Volunteer projects and panels, briefings, and social events for this cohort as needed. This involves coordination with other UJA departments (e.g., Marketing & Communications, Events, Speakers’ Bureau) and collaboration with lay leaders and other UJA colleagues.
- Think strategically about his/her constituency and recommend and implement new strategies, programs, events, and initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff in other divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across divisional lines. This includes collaboration with fundraisers in Annual Campaign, Planned Giving & Endowments Campaign, and Capital and Special Initiatives Campaign to maximize donor engagement and giving.
- Provide necessary professional support to lay committees in the Professional Women’s Division. This includes agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
- A. or B.S. degree
- 2-3 years of professional fundraising experience or related work experience in a sales or marketing capacity
- Outstanding relationship building, organization, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills — Solid written, oral & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Creative, energetic, persuasive, self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team environment while pursuing individual assignments
- Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and a passion for our mission
- Involvement with and understanding of nonprofit organizations
- Event management experience preferred
- Involvement with women’s organizations or trade associations preferred
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $70,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.