Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn Day Camp, located in Red Hook, is a Hebrew dual-language camp for children entering Pre-K through 5th grade. No previous Hebrew experience is necessary to be part of the Sprout Brooklyn community. Sprout Brooklyn is a place where children from a wide spectrum of backgrounds join together to create a joyful, diverse community built on Jewish values, a connection to Israel and the Hebrew language.
All of our Activity Instructors build their own informal activity curricula based on Jewish values and creating a connection to Israel. They teach daily 30 minute lessons to campers entering Pre-K through entering 5th grade.
Sprout Brooklyn values staff that are positive and flexible team players who are excited to spend the summer with young campers and staff. The ideal candidate is excited about camp life and feels comfortable wearing multiple hats and will never say that a task “isn’t their job”.
Camp runs Monday - Friday from June 28 – August 18 with a week of staff training from June 20 – June 23, 26-27. The camp day is 8:30am – 4:00pm. Approximately 30 hours of pre-camp curriculum development.
We are currently seeking specialists in the following areas:
- Martial Arts
- Work with the Program Director to create weekly lesson plans
- Create and execute fun, age-appropriate activities
- Engage campers and help them develop new skills
- Run 30 minute lessons daily with groups of 12-14 campers
- Incorporate Jewish values, Hebrew and/or Israel education into activities whenever possible (assistance is provided if you do not have experience in this area)
- At least 18 years old
- Experience working with children ages 3-10
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching speciality activity to children
- Experience attending or working at a summer camp (preferred, not required)
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to be silly
- Hebrew fluency is a plus (preferred, not required)