Scott Circle Events is a full-service event and conference management firm headquartered in Washington, DC. We are a small, dynamic, and close-knit team of event professionals and project managers, and we pride ourselves on understanding and achieving our clients’ objectives and providing strategy and execution for each unique project.
Scott Circle’s client list is diverse and provides the opportunity to work with a wide variety of client organizations, including international nonprofit associations, national advocacy groups, Jewish communal institutions, large corporations, and small businesses.
The Event Associate at Scott Circle Events is an entry level position reporting to the Managing Director. The Event Associate is responsible for supporting a project team on a portfolio of events and conferences for your assigned clients, along with supporting other functions of the company as required. Candidates must demonstrate a strong understanding of all aspects of conference and event management with great attention to detail. The Event Associate must be team-oriented—enthusiastic, conscientious and a very strong communicator—and thrive in a fast-paced environment while performing functions including but not limited to registration / housing, vendor management, program development, speaker logistics, event/production design, budgeting, and on-site staff mobilization.
Minimum Qualifications for the role:
- A desire to learn and expand professional skills in all aspects of conference and event management—live and virtual.
- Be an enthusiastic, conscientious, and strong communicator, thriving in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strategic, thoughtful, collaborative problem-solver, known for taking initiative and consistent with follow-through.
- Commitment to client service, including valuing and respecting all client and staff backgrounds, cultures, and unique needs, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of convening and event management.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in the events management or related field.
- Day-to-day support of the strategic and logistical execution of a portfolio of live and virtual meetings and events; collaborate with the team to successfully execute all event related tasks.
- Strategize and execute event logistics related to coordination of menus, event de´cor, signage plots and printing, banquet event orders, audio visual & staging, internet & power coordination, programming, and entertainment.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with venues, hotels, and event vendors; work closely with vendor partners to ensure accurate bids, high quality service, along with awareness and accountability for deadlines and budget parameters.
- Collaborate on the design and execution of dynamic virtual events; execute dynamic virtual events using various virtual platforms, work with clients to capture ‘remote’ recordings, manage graphic and video assets, and coordinate with technical partners.
- Support registration processes for live and virtual events in the lead up and onsite to ensure a seamless experience for attendees.
- Assist with financial management and vendor/venue contract review; build and maintain event budgets and monitor event financials.
- Oversee the coordination and production of event materials for live and virtual events.
- Leverage digital tools (including, but not limited to CVENT, Basecamp, Zoom, and MS Office and Google suites) to implement and continuously enhance live and virtual event operations.
Scott Circle Events is currently operating on a pandemic modified schedule, in office Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and remote on Friday (subject to change). Occasional travel, evenings and weekends are required as needed for events.
Scott Circle Events is seeking event professionals to grow with our company, who will work independently as well alongside senior leadership on long and short-term client projects. We offer a competitive benefits package and leave policy, and opportunities for professional growth and development. Salary range is $45,000 - $50,000 and is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Scott Circle Events is an equal opportunity employer.