- Are you interested in program planning and execution to build Jewish Community?
- Are you skilled in running a successful program from concept to clean up?
- Are you willing to learn about our programming goals and to help create more engaging programming?
- Are you able to work flexible hours, including weekends and Jewish holidays?
Congregation Shaarey Zedek (CSZ) is a thriving Conservative synagogue located in Southfield, Michigan. We focus on strengthening deep connections among members, inclusion, and evolving with attention to both tradition and modernity.
We are seeking an organized, responsible, innovative, and inspiring Program Associate to help bring programs at CSZ from conception to realization. The Program Associate will have primary responsibility for supporting and realizing the vision of our lay leaders, clergy, and staff in planning and implementing excellent and well-managed programs. The Program Associate reports to the Director of Engagement and is a member of the Program Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enable the realization of in-person, online, and hybrid program ideas developed by members and clergy, including the following:
- Support an effective program planning process, including scheduling, supporting, and taking/reporting notes at planning meetings and discussions involving program stakeholders.
- Coordinate scheduling within the CSZ program calendar to maximize synergy between programs and avoid conflicts.
- Adhere to the program development and implementation timeline, ensuring appropriate lead time.
- Communicate the plan and progress for each program with colleagues on the Program Team.
- Share information on the program planning being done with the CSZ marketing consultants to ensure publicity and communication of CSZ programs are timely, accurate, and impactful. Develop and provide all necessary details, serving as a key communication link between program leaders and the marketing team.
- Working within established budgets, purchase needed supplies, decorations, food, and other items, and coordinate with vendors supporting programs.
- Make travel and logistical arrangements for program speakers and performers and serve as their primary point of contact.
- Lead volunteer and staff on-site support for programs and advance planning for such support.
- Assist and support staff leadership and clergy on an as-needed basis in other ways.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one to three years of experience enabling the development and implementation of innovative and effective programs and events, preferably within a collaborative Jewish context, including the recruitment, engagement, and empowerment of volunteers
- Ability to work independently, responsibly achieving goals with minimal management intervention
- Ability to work within a determined time frame and be accountable for task completion.
- Ability to work a non-conventional and variable weekly schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (Jewish and secular).
- Demonstrated excellent planning, forethought, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to accomplish tasks and develop plans engaging the participation of organizational leaders
- Highly competent computer skills: Microsoft Office, ability to learn CRM and other systems
- Possess existing knowledge, or ability and willingness to learn, synagogue rituals and religious observances
- At least an Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No telephone calls please. We will be considering applications immediately and until the position is filled.