Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social, and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI Schools is seeking a full-time music therapist for the 2021-2022 year to teach children with special needs ranging from ages 6-21 for for multiple SINAI campuses in Riverdale, Queens, and New Jersey. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Music Therapy and will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with children with special needs and can work with individuals of different ages and abilities.
• Leverage the mode of music therapy to positively impact the social and emotional development of students with special needs ages 6-21.
• Meet with students individually as well as in groups.
• Engage students in a variety of music therapy experiences based on their needs and abilities.
• Collaborate with colleagues to identify social/emotional skills and strategies to be targeted in sessions and generalized throughout the day.
• Board Certification in Music Therapy (preferred)
• 3-5 years experience, preferably within a special education setting
SINAI Schools strictly adheres to all guidance from CDC and local Rabbinic authorities pertaining to COVID-19.
Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply; EEO