Interim Executive Director – Congregation Or Shalom
Congregation Or Shalom located in Vernon Hills, IL is currently seeking an experienced Executive Director for an interim position with a passion for Jewish living to oversee daily synagogue operations for a transitional period of six to nine months in early 2022.
This role is responsible for supporting and managing staff, working with financial manager and facilities management. We operate as an in-person facility with the requirement for the position to be onsite. The Executive Director partners with our Rabbi, Cantorial Clergy, Director of Education and Board of Trustees to support the mission of our Congregation for our members and the community at large. Or Shalom maintains a Covid policy that conforms with CDC, State and local guidelines. Fully vaccinated is preferred.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in temple/congregation administration with demonstrated success in financial, operational, facilities and administrative management.
- Managing staff and office scheduling for daily, weekly, and monthly operations. Provide facilities support with flexible work schedule to meet the activities.
- Experience with operational process and congregation interaction.
- A collaborative leadership style with strong communication skills.
- Data Base Management - Ability to maintain membership information and other confidential materials with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to Interact with Board and volunteers.
- Availability to attend Board and other key congregational meetings and programs.
- Experience in financial budgeting, forecasting, and management of fiscal affairs.
- Support of fundraising activities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, responsibilities, and details.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, Social Media platforms, and ability to navigate back-office systems. Shul Cloud experience is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills with deference to personal and sensitive matters as well as warmth, whether in difficult conversations or happy occasions.
- Excitement in sharing a vision for the future of the congregation and helping to implement that vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested candidates please submit resume and a cover letter directly to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our vision.
We celebrate unique and diverse identities and experiences. We believe that all people deserve fairness, justice, and security. We create a welcoming environment in which everyone feels valued and respected.