Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
Director, Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism and Hatred
West Palm Beach, Florida
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring, and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer, and participate in programs that generate more than $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
As the city hall and convener of the Jewish community, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County has recently created the Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism & Hatred, a pioneering new entity focused on expanding the organization’s leadership role in addressing acts of hatred against the Jewish community. The Palm Beach Center aims to significantly impact and influence both the Jewish and general Palm Beach communities by taking a proactive stance against antisemitism. The Center targets critical priorities, brings together diverse stakeholders with the authority and resources to act, and offers strategic, monetary, and advisory support to grantees and partner organizations.
The Center’s initial efforts focus on two proven priorities: strengthening community security and building relationships. The Center serves as the Jewish community’s convener, enabling direct collaboration with partners- nonprofit organizations, government entities, businesses, and communities- to develop and execute strategies that directly confront local antisemitism and hatred. Ultimately, the Center’s programs will serve as a model for other Jewish communities across North America.
Palm Beach County is now the fourth-largest and fastest-growing Jewish community in North America. It is home to more than 180,000 people living in Jewish households, and that number is projected to increase to more than 200,000 by 2026. As the community expands and the needs become greater, Jewish Federation remains deeply committed to safety and security as a top priority and to finding practical solutions to antisemitism confronting Palm Beach County.
To learn more about the Center, please visit: https://jewishpb.org/fed/pb_center_to_combat_antisemitism_hatred/
To learn more about Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, please visit: https://jewishpb.org/fed/
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated inaugural Director to lead the newly created Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism and Hatred. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to combat antisemitism and other forms of hate in the community. The Director will work in close partnership with key organizations and individuals throughout Palm Beach County to build communal strategies and programs and to recommend funds to support this work. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to lead the newly created center and make a significant impact in the fight against antisemitism and hate. The Director will report to the Executive Director, Community Affairs and will work in very close collaboration with Jewish Federation leadership.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Community Affairs to develop and execute the strategic plan for the Palm Beach Center to Combat Antisemitism and Hatred, in collaboration with the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County leadership and other community stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with community leaders, advocacy groups, government officials, and law enforcement agencies to advance the Center’s mission.
- Develop and deliver educational programs to raise awareness about the impact of antisemitism and hate, and to promote understanding and respect with different communities.
- Work with community partners to develop and implement initiatives to combat antisemitism and hate, including but not limited to hate crimes and hate speech.
- Conduct research and analysis on antisemitism and hate in the community and provide regular updates and reports to the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County leadership and other stakeholders.
- Manage and supervise staff, volunteers, and interns, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and accountability.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Community Affairs to develop and manage the Center’s budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Seven or more years’ experience in Jewish communal, non-profit, public sector or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Excellent research, written, verbal communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans, and to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to combating antisemitism and hate.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with diverse lay leaders, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Experience with donor relation systems preferred.
- Knowledge of current events and understanding of Israel and the Jewish world, religion, tradition and values and core issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with the political process on national, state, and local levels.
- Skilled in program development, management, and evaluation.
- Ability to think strategically and to help develop long-term goals for the Center.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and communities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, multi-task, respond to urgent matters, and pay attention to detail.
- Passionate commitment to Jewish community, Israel, and public policy issues.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in civic and community engagement, public affairs or a related field required; Master’s degree or better preferred.
- Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
- Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Must maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
This position is eligible to work from home occasionally in accordance with Federation policies. When working from home, employee must:
- Follow all Federation policies and procedures,
- Be available to other employees during Federation’s normal business hours,
- Not work from a public place (e.g. coffee shop, library, etc.) and/or join a public, unsecure wi-fi network when working with sensitive or confidential information,
- Coordinate with IT department to maintain appropriate computer equipment and connectivity.
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach offers a competitive salary range of $150,000-$165,000 for this position and a very comprehensive benefits package.
This position description is based upon material provided by Jewish Federation of Palm Beach, an equal opportunity employer. Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
To submit an application, please click HERE.
Tani Weissman, Principal
Shanna Jadwin, Talent Consultant
Merav Schwartz, Senior Associate