Job Title: Program Development & Operations Coordinator
Job Summary: As the Program Development & Operations Coordinator at the Jewish Graduate Student Initiative (JGSI), you will play a vital role in driving the mission and programmatic success of our organization. You will serve as a strategic partner to the Managing Director, collaborating closely to develop and implement impactful programs, will raise the level of student participation in the organization, and you will ensure that the vision of JGSI is realized. Your responsibilities will encompass program management, recruitment, interaction with leadership students, program team coordination, managing data systems and information systems, enhancing our communications and marketing efforts, and providing support to the Managing Director in executing his ideas and vision. We’re seeking a creative, data-savvy, and people oriented professional with a positive attitude, exceptional implementation skills, and a knack for maintaining calm under pressure. Together, we’ll make a lasting impact on the Jewish graduate student community.
1. Strategic Partnership with the Managing Director:
- Act as a strategic partner to the Managing Director, discussing and refining ideas, visions, and initiatives that align with JGSI's mission and goals, turn them into actionable plans and implement them.
- Provide input, insights, and recommendations to enhance the Managing Director's ideas and strategies.
- Act as a trusted advisor, offering support and expertise in program management, team development, and organizational strategy.
- Metric of Success: Achieve a minimum of 80% implementation rate for proposed plans and initiatives
2. Program Management:
- Work closely with the Managing Director to set the agenda for creating, developing, and implementing impactful, high-quality programs, events, and content offerings specific to the needs of Jewish graduate students.
- Oversee the vision and execution of national programs, including flagship events such as InterJLSA, JELCON, Partner Summit, JEL.Connect, and student-initiated events.
- Ensure seamless coordination of program logistics, resource allocation, and participant experiences to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Drive recruitment efforts and implement strategies to increase student participation in off-campus programming, fostering a vibrant Jewish community
- Increase student participation by at least 20% compared to last year
- Engage with Jewish graduate students on a regular basis, fostering relationships and understanding their needs and interests.
- Create and manage a cohort of student ambassadors and leaders, including establishing a National Student Board, to enhance student engagement and representation.
- Establish and maintain an active National Student Board, ensuring their regular participation and contribution to student engagement and representating initiatives.
4. Data & Lists
- Lead the successful execution and implementation of a new engagement platform for participants, driving adoption and utilization.
- Manage data systems and maintain up-to-date lists for targeted student recruitment, enabling personalized communications.
- Utilize data management tools to segment lists, track student engagement, and deliver content and notifications effectively.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to seamlessly integrate the engagement platform into existing systems and processes.
- Analyze platform usage data to identify trends and optimize participant engagement strategies.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the platform based on user feedback, industry best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Act as a main point person between participants and technical teams, promptly resolving platform-related issues and providing support.
- Metric of success: maintain a data accuracy rate of at least 95% for targeted student recruitment lists, ensuring that the information is up-to-date and relevant to effectively reach and engage the intended audience.
5. Partnership Development and Engagement:
- Collaborate with the Managing Director & Partnership Coordinator to develop and nurture strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, such as non-profit organizations and community groups, to enhance the offerings and reach of JGSI.
- Work with partners to develop joint initiatives, shared resources, and collaborative events that empower and support Jewish graduate students
6. Team Coordination and Support:
- Assist in communication to the program team, ensuring clear communication and coordination.
- Oversee and support the program team in executing programs, addressing challenges, and meeting deliverables.
- Address any program-related loose ends, troubleshoot issues, and ensure timely completion of action items.
- Provide guidance, resources, and problem-solving support to ensure the success of the program team.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, mentor and support team members in their professional development
7. Assisting in Communications, Marketing, and Visibility:
- Support the coordination and implementation of communications and marketing efforts, including social media platforms, website content, and email marketing, to sustain high visibility for all programs and initiatives offered by JGSI.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop compelling messaging and content that effectively conveys JGSI's mission, values, and impact to various audiences, including Jewish graduate students, partner organizations, donors, and the broader community.
- Assist the communications team in crafting engaging stories, creating promotional materials, and leveraging digital platforms to effectively reach and engage target audiences.
- Contribute to monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies, utilizing data-driven insights to make adjustments that optimize outreach efforts.
- Help ensure consistent branding and messaging across all communication channels and materials.
- Stay informed about industry trends and emerging communication tools and techniques, providing recommendations for innovative strategies to enhance JGSI's outreach and engagement
By fulfilling these comprehensive responsibilities, you will play a crucial role in elevating JGSI's profile, delivering impactful programs, and assisting to guide the organization to support and empower Jewish graduate students.
You don’t need to be an expert in the aforementioned areas: the critical skill sets and competencies required are exceptional project management and communication skills, strong organization, and an eagerness to learn.
- You're a program-running wizard, experienced and enthusiastic about managing various aspects of ongoing programs.
- You're a creative and innovative thinker, always coming up with fresh ideas.
- You have a knack for using data to recruit, market, and grab attention.
- You're a social butterfly, genuinely enjoying interactions with people and knowing when to be accommodating or take charge.
- You have prior experience (2+ years) working in the non-profit sector.
- You take pride in and have a deep passion for supporting the Jewish community.
- You radiate positivity and have a "can-do" attitude, inspiring others around you.
- You're a master of implementation and follow-through, ensuring that ideas become reality.
- You maintain a calm and composed demeanor, even in challenging situations, bringing a sense of balance and tranquility to the team.