Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School, Palo Alto, California
General Studies Substitute Teacher
2022-23 School Year
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School seeks dynamic, committed, creative individuals to serve as a substitute teacher in our general studies program. Successful candidates will be able to teach all general studies content areas (language arts, math, science, social studies) in grades TK-4. These educators will be ready to substitute in a classroom as requested even at short notice.
- Be willing to follow lesson plans from the absent teacher.
- Be willing and able to teach both in person and through a virtual medium such as Zoom.
- Be willing and be adaptable for a TK-8 grade age range of students.
- Four-year degree from a college or university.
- Valid teacher credential and/or previous teaching experience preferred.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement Plan, Long- and Short-term Disability, Voluntary Life/Accident Insurance, Work-Life Balance Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Pre-tax payroll deduction also available for Commuter Checks and Flexible Spending Account.
- Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an independent community school with an engaged and motivated student body that participates fully in both Jewish and secular activities. We maintain outstanding academics and a strong sense of community while instilling Jewish values and traditions. We teach the whole child, focusing on social and emotional growth, academic and critical-thinking skills, as well as a wide array of enrichment activities. Our philosophy strongly encourages inclusivity and diversity; ethics and values are infused throughout the TK-8 curriculum.
- Hausner is dedicated to professional development. Teachers are encouraged to collaborate with their peers at Hausner, as well as at other schools. Faculty have leadership opportunities within the school and participate in professional and curriculum development opportunities throughout the year, both nationally and abroad. Our benefits and friendly community inspire excellent teacher retention.
- Hausner’s middle school program, where the average student-teacher ratio is 18:1, was founded in 1998. MS students participate in electives ranging from media arts, to drama to programming and sports.
- Four-acre Palo Alto campus features a first-rate library, Beit Tefilah, a maker space, an art room, a music room, a state-of-the-art gym and expansive outdoor playing fields.
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to an inclusive, welcoming community, where all are accepted and are treated with respect.
Hausner does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, veteran status, national, or ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to [email protected]
Please indicate “LS Lead Teacher Applicant” in the Subject Line