About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
The Jewish National Fund USA is pleased to announce a search for a Chief Executive Officer of the World Zionist Village to be built in Be'er Sheva, Israel.
The World Zionist Village, will be developed in Be'er Sheva, Israel on 20 acres (92 dunams) and will be home to, and will work on developing, the following programs during construction:
- Alexander Muss High School in Israel
- College Gap Year/Mechinot Facility
- Internship Programs and Apartments for Post Graduate Students
- Facilities including, Administration, Classrooms, Auditorium, Food Services, Grounds management, Security
- Adult Education Center including Conference facilities, Short and Long Term Stay Facilities
The ideal candidate is a successful change agent, business manager, highly skilled and comfortable with navigating a fluid and dynamic environment and interested in being on the ground floor of planning, budget, building and managing the largest philanthropic project in Israel today.
We are looking for an engaging leader with a strong background in world Jewry, American Jewry, Israel organizational life, and has a background in community engagement and development.
The Chief Executive Officer of the World Zionist Village will lead the pre-planning, architect RFP process, construction, development of programs through partnership, develop campus partnerships, develop and implement strategic business operational plans, provide budgetary oversight, develop criteria for use and cost of facilities and related manners.
The Chief Executive Officer will provide critical focus and expertise on multi-use development, identify areas of needs, recruit and engage operating agency, develop performance standards for operation, maintenance and upkeep and promote a comfortable, safe environment for teachers, students, and all participants. They will have a Board of Directors and report to Executive Management at Jewish National Fund USA.
The World Zionist Village Chief Executive Officer must be knowledgeable in all facets of a campus function, adept in collaboration, develop a matrix of organizational partnerships, identify opportunities for operational excellence, identify opportunities for use of facilities, build a strong team of faculty and staff, and volunteer leadership development.
- Oversee general management and leadership of World Zionist Village Operations, including managing and allocating resources.
- Connect the World Zionist Village strategy with multiple organizations worldwide.
- Lead the World Zionist Village from planning stage to building, operating, and opening.
- Help develop revenue and resources. These will be through a fundraising effort, as well as corporate sponsorships, government funding, and other resources.
- Engage with World Zionist Village stakeholders, communicating, understanding their concerns, and bringing them into conversations and communication.
- Develop staff models and training for operation of the World Zionist Village.
- Motivate professionals and volunteers.
- Analyze and implement solutions. Identify ways to reduce costs where appropriate and promote educational and operational excellence.
- Monitor performance of World Zionist Village and activities of partners.
- Maintain great relations with City of Be'er Sheva.
Desired Qualities and Background Include:
- Deep commitment to mission of World Zionist Village and its success.
- Experienced administrator in large systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of areas that deal with hotel, university, and/or multi-functional venues.
- Outstanding leadership and inter-personal capabilities, ability to collaborate broadly with colleagues, stakeholders and partners, both domestic and international
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to handle multiple workstreams and ad hoc tasks simultaneously.
- Critical thinker, ability to understand complex processes, and willing to ask tough questions, challenge status quo, and accept keynote supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures of non-profit, government regulatory agencies, and Be'er Sheva.
- Knowledge and understanding of educational relationships with organizations across the world and in Israel.
- Ability to raise funds from private, governmental, and philanthropic sources.
- Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with academic leadership, faculty, community and political leadership, professional and volunteer leadership.
- Adept in gaining and working with necessary change and motivating and overseeing change management.
- Express values consistent with the mission of the Jewish National Fund USA.
- Native English and Hebrew reading, writing, and speaking skills a must and knowledge of World Jewry.
Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years of experience in leading multi-functional teams, companies or organizations.
- Well-rounded and understanding in ways to increase efficiency, from plans to architect, to development, and opening.
- Candidate must be able to travel internationally 6 – 10 times a year.
Candidate must live in Be'er Sheva or the surrounding Negev area. Compensation negotiable and will include full benefits and automobile.