Jewish Women's Foundation of the Greater Palm Beaches (JWF) creates long term social change to advance the status of women and girls in the US and Israel. We provide grants, education and advocacy trainings, leadership development programs, and professional networking opportunities to further our mission. For the next 3 - 5 years, JWF is focused on economic security and empowerment for women and girls.
Please peruse the JWF website at jwfpalmbeach.org before applying. To apply, submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and how JWF's mission resonates with you , along with a current copy of your resume in PDF only to [email protected]. Applicants who fail to follow instructions will not be considered.
• Track progress on annual fundraising goals.
• Ensure all donors receive timely acknowledgment letters.
• Maintain and update information about donors in Donor Perfect.
• Maintain systems for tracking relationships with prospective and current individual donors.
• Ensure Board and Trustees are informed of donations from their contacts.
• Create customized proposals and solicitations for donors and friends.
• Coordinate mailings and emails including end-of-year campaign and major events.
• Maintain member/donor files, including processing of new member paperwork and new pledge forms.
• Assist CEO and Development Committee with annual fundraising strategies.
• Research prospective individual supporters, creating profiles for top prospects.
• Create briefing documents in preparation for all face-to-face donor and prospect meetings as well as cultivation events.
• Research prospective corporate sponsors and apply for support.
- Ensure organizational informational packets are well presented, and communications collateral material is kept up to date and stocked.
- Lay out organizational emails and mailings, and all communications for Development Committee, annual campaign, and general fundraising emails.
- Maintain email/mailing lists and ensure up to date contact information for all stakeholders.
- Send event information, campaign donor, and new membership information to web designer to keep website up to date
- Where indicated, prepare institutional grant proposals, maintain relationships with institutional funders, and ensure adherence to reporting deadlines
Programming & Event Support
- Oversee annual fundraising luncheon corporate and individual sponsorships, including communications with sponsors, tracking ad submissions, and ensuring graphic designer has ad copy.
- Assist with event registration, set up, and other onsite support for all programs and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Passion for JWF’s mission and interest in philanthropy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Desire to grow professionally within the organization
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, problem solving and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong data and database management skills, ability to create and run reports, manage and interpret data
- Proficiency with MS Office, Donor Perfect, and Constant Contact
- Knowledge of the local Jewish community, nonprofits, and gender issues preferred
- Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of relevant work experience
Compensation is based on level of experience and salary range is $45,000 - $55,000. Position is 40 hours a week on site.