Director, NEXTGen Detroit
About NEXTGen Detroit:
NEXTGen Detroit engages young Jewish adults through bold leadership, inspired giving and diverse experiences to build and sustain a vibrant Jewish community in Detroit and around the world.
With the goal of engaging and retaining the next generation of Jewish Detroiters, Federation developed NEXTGen Detroit, an innovative platform for transforming the community into a vibrant home for young Jews of every background and affiliation.
Since its launch in 2012, NEXTGen Detroit has emerged as a national leader of young adult engagement and is now a model for Federations across North America.
About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit:
As the primary instrument of Jewish philanthropy and engagement in the Detroit area, we are a community-driven organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish people and building a vibrant Jewish future, in metropolitan Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
About this Role
The Director of Federation’s NEXTGen Detroit department provides the vision and leadership for the Detroit Jewish community’s premier young adult engagement program. This position oversees the strategic planning and execution of outreach, engagement, fundraising and leadership development for 21-40 year old Jewish Detroiters.
We are looking for:
- A charismatic leader who can motivate and inspire a team of passionate young professionals and volunteers.
- A big-picture thinker who is energized by audacious goals and complex challenges.
- A community-minded individual who is committed to building a better Jewish future for young adults in Detroit.
- Direct and envision the overall NEXTGen Detroit operational and strategic plan including managing a budget of over $750,000.
- Supervise a team of young professionals, offering supportive and constructive supervision and direction.
- Work closely with Senior lay leadership—including NEXTGen Detroit President and President-elect—to define and meet key goals.
- Supervise Board development, leadership succession process, Campaign and Board communication, with a working Board of 50 young adults.
- Oversee outreach and engagement programming to involve young adults in the Detroit Jewish community.
- Develop and oversee fundraising efforts that maximize the number of NEXTGen Detroit donors and dollars raised to the Federation Annual Campaign. (Approximately $1 million raised annually from NEXTGen Detroit).
- Develop relationships with potential donors, corporate sponsors and funders of NEXTGen Detroit initiatives and the Jewish Federation.
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the Federation to integrate new leaders into Federation as a whole and also to collaborate on program and fundraising initiatives.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with key partner organizations (including Federation constituent agencies and other organizations that cater to the young adult community) in the Jewish Community and broader Detroit Community.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in leadership or entrepreneurial roles in private, corporate or nonprofit sector.
- Be a savvy relationship builder and charismatic individual that engenders confidence and trust.
- Able to lead by example and create positive energy and momentum.
- Detail oriented, effective time manager with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs and practices, Federation and the Jewish nonprofit world.
- Prior successes working in the NEXTGen/young adult sphere a plus.
- Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and hitting milestones.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends (flex time offered)
Click to apply: https://jfmd.applytojob.com/apply/UY9OmGKJdU/Director-NEXTGen-Detroit