Residential Manager – QIDP
Libenu Homes in Partnership with Clearbrook
Libenu is the premier organization providing the gold standard of inclusive, person-centered services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Libenu’s mission is to provide a lifetime of care and support for children, teens, and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, empowering them to live with dignity as fully included members of their Jewish community. Libenu partners with families, enabling them to create the life they want for their loved ones, resulting in decreased stress and an increased sense of security for the future. Libenu fulfills its mission by providing life-changing, robust respite services infused with Jewish values for families; warm, welcoming person-centered kosher homes for adults; inclusive social and recreational opportunities; partnerships for day programming and vocational training; and leadership in community education and advocacy.
Libenu envisions a Jewish community where individuals with disabilities have a home, an extended family, and a future; where they can thrive, have a voice, experience a true sense of belonging, and are valued for their unique strengths and contributions; where families have a reprieve from the demands of caregiving as well as the peace of mind of knowing that their loved ones’ futures are secure.
Clearbrook is a 501(c)3 organization, licensed, certified and/or accredited by the Illinois Department of Human Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois Department of Rehabilitation Services, SourceAmerica, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and the US Department of Labor. The organization is home and family to over 8,000 children and adults impacted by intellectual/developmental disabilities. Clearbrook supports them—and their families—by providing support across the lifespan, helping them to live their fullest lives possible. Clearbrook provides personalized children, community day, employment, residential, and clinical services at more than 60 locations in 160 communities throughout the Chicagoland area. Clearbrook is the largest provider of home-based services in the state.
Role and Responsibilities
The QIDP plays a significant role in the lives of adults with disabilties and their families, empowering them to live with dignity and respect as fully included members of the community. The QIDP is the primary manager for all residents in the Libenu homes, coordinating all services across environments and helping to provide the gold standard of care for our clients. The QIDP is responsible on a day to day basis for ensuring the integration, coordination, and monitoring of the active treatment program for each of the Libenu residents and is the primary point of contact and communication for all programs and families and advocates.
The QIDP directly supervises the Direct Service Providers - Residential Counselors. The QIDP is directly supervised by the Clearbrook Coordinator of Living Services in partnership with Libenu. The QIDP communicates and collaborates with Libenu staff and works with them on promoting cultural appreciation, community inclusion, and high quality of life outcomes.
- Model best person-centered practices, and train direct service staff on all aspects of client support. Maintain positive relationships and ongoing communication with Libenu residents and families.
- Ensure that the health, safety, social, and emotional needs of the residents are met; help to provide the gold standard of care for all residents in the Libenu homes; support their interests, activities, and life choices.
- Coordinate and head the Community Support Team necessary for the development, review, and revision of each resident's active treatment program as outlined in the Individual Service/Person Centered Plan.
- Ensure that each resident's Service Plan is reviewed monthly and that data is being collected by the proper staff or consultant. Make referrals to behavior staff, consultants, or outside services required by the resident. Provide direct support in problem or crisis situations as needed.
- Make referral to nurse for medical appointments or to report medical or physical concerns. Ensure that all supports are provided for medical appointments, including direct involvement by QIDP if necessary.
- Work directly with the Direct Service Providers - Residential Counselors, Therapy Aides, Nurses, and other staff to ensure that the programs and techniques are carried out in a coordinated fashion and as set up by the Community Support Team.
- Provide direct care as needed in cases when Residential Counselors are out on activities or absent.
- Ensure that menus are being planned and followed in accordance with client preference, kosher standards, and state or departmental regulations. Ensure that proper food supplies are provided for all residents.
- Conduct monthly resident/house meetings in each home.
- Review Medication Administration Records (MAR) on a weekly basis and report any errors to the Nurse.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain program compliance with Clearbrook and Libenu
- Develop and coordinate shift assignments and obtain substitutes with the approval of the Clearbrook Coordinator or Director as needed. Ensure that the homes are adequately staffed with Residential Counselors.
- Participate in agency committees as assigned. Conduct staff meetings at least once a month.
- Complete all case management and medical service paperwork within specified timelines. Ensure that proper releases and consents are obtained and maintained in the resident file.
- Complete quality assurance duties which include being knowledgeable of the DHS Settings rule.
- Assist in coordinating client intake, admission, transfers, and discharge in conjunction with the Outreach Manager, Program Manager, and Clearbrook Supervisor
- Perform other administrative tasks as required.
Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
Planning: Think ahead and plan over a given time span; attention to details;
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication; prompt response to emails and phone calls
Conflict resolution: Proactive approach to problem solving and conflict resolution
Supervisory: Manage, direct, motivate, and inspire staff; strong interpersonal skills
Collaboration: Work with supervisors, professionals, partners, and parents to create exceptional client experiences.
Health and Safety: Detailed-oriented attention and action to all health, safety, and cleanliness issues.
Passion and Comittment: Desire to make a meaningful and impactful difference in the lives of people with disabilities and their families.
- Attend and pass the QIDP class offered by Clearbrook.
- Complete mandatory training annually.
- Must maintain CEU’s for the QIDP certification throughout employment
- Any training needed in understanding the specific religious tenets/customs of the Jewish faith (will be provided by Libenu)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Human Services or related field required.
- Minimum of one year of related experience with individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Supervisory experience, 2 years of experience in community based residential programs preferred.
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions and practices
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against any qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug test within 10 days of the job offer.
- Must pass an Illinois state criminal background check with no disqualifying conditions.
- Must pass TB test within 30 days of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must furnish proof of vehicle insurance. Must be QIDP certified within 120 days.
- Must be insurable by Clearbrook.
- Must show proof of Covid vaccination and booster
- Must be able to perform a two person lift.